cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 - Worst network in the Uk

Anonymous
Not applicable

The service I have had from O2 the last few months has been awful.

The last few months my signal at home and work is no existent. 

Ive contacted all the support people and later the high up complaints team.

And basicly it comes to this,  The mast by my home and work is broken, they dont have the part needed to fix it and dont know how long it is going to take to find. Could be months

They admit its there fault but when I ask to cancel my contract I get told "we dont cancel contracts under these circumstances"

Well what circumstances do you cancel for as my phone is un-usable.  Dont tell me to use your TU App as that seems to be made by a 5 year old and I cant use Wi-Fi at work

This company is a joke and I will be doing everything I can to let the world know how rubbish they are.

Trading standards state - If you have a poor mobile signal at home you have rights under the Sale of Goods and Services Act. It says that if there is no mobile signal in your area and you are constantly losing service, you may be able to terminate the contract for non-performance.

I have quoted this to O2 but every time it gets ignored.

Trading standars here I come.

Message 1 of 40
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
In all honesty, no one will take any notice of anything you post on the net (It's full of people moaning about every network ;)).
You would be better focusing your efforts with O2 and pushing them for an amicable resolution to your own situation.
If you can get others to complain about the lack of service in the same area it will add weight to your cause too.
I wish you good luck and hope it all resolves for you, one way or another, soon slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Have you escalated this in writing?

I know you've said you've contacted high up in the complaints team ,

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

If not then I'd suggest doing so.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 2 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes ive spoken to them.  And they are the ones that say they never cancel contracts.

He also called me a lier when I said the network team had phoned me as he says they never call people.

Message 3 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous In view of your outrage it seems hardly appropriate to say Welcome to the O2 Community. I don't know how many Networks you have tried in the UK before concluding O2 is the worst. It certainly has its faults but it has to be said that there are thousands of satisfied customers too.
When problems arise then it is important to do whatever you can to improve your chances of getting a satisfactory outcome. So instead of ranting about O2 and threatening legal action etc (they have heard it all before) consider the advice given in other replies as to the best way to pursue the matter.
Good luck.

Gerry
Message 4 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous Said "Yes ive spoken to them. And they are the ones that say they never cancel contracts.

He also called me a lier when I said the network team had phoned me as he says they never call people."

Hi,

Ok , well like I said it's more official in writing.

I've heard of contracts being cancelled , and the phone returned as an amicable resolution for both parties.

This is why IMO the Refresh Tariff is good as one is not locked into contract, only the stipulation that the handset must be paid fir in full before leaving.

I understand your frustration and yes for some Tugo, What's App and Viber etc are not always the best interim solution.

Network is being improved but that is up to 2017.

Link if you wish to read http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/network-coverage/the-next-big-thing
Message 5 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive been a customer of Orange and T-Mobile and never had problems like this.

I have tried all the proper lines and contact and up until today ive been completely civil.

But when the highest level of complaint are rude to me I think im allowed to be annoyed.

I dont really want to go to trading standards all I want is a signal on my phone. Or be able to leave so I can go to another network.

I dont think its much to ask.

Message 6 of 40

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Under the circumstances I don't see why they won't let you leave?
Are others in your area suffering the same as you are?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

It's not reasonable for anyone to be rude.

Even tho 02 and the other Networks have in their T&C that their Service is not fault free ,it is reasonable to expect a service for what you pay.

I hope this pans out for you.

Good luck.
Message 8 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know one other peson on o2 and she cant use her phone at work either.  But she had good signal at home so shes not to fussed.

Im not expecting to be let out me contract as I know o2 ill take every penny from me they can but I hope someone thinking of joining o2 may see one of the many reviews im going to put on the net and change their mind.

Message 9 of 40

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
In all honesty, no one will take any notice of anything you post on the net (It's full of people moaning about every network ;)).
You would be better focusing your efforts with O2 and pushing them for an amicable resolution to your own situation.
If you can get others to complain about the lack of service in the same area it will add weight to your cause too.
I wish you good luck and hope it all resolves for you, one way or another, soon slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 40