cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Webmail

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been unable to login to my O2 webmail.   It has been working fine up to quite recently.

Not a major problem now, as I have redirected all my email from O2 to SKY.   However, still very annoying and of couse, no notification received from anyone (as per usual).  

Are there any 'experts' out there who can can give me any information ?

Many thanks.

Fishtank. 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just following advice on the threads! Will give them a call now!!

Message 11 of 26

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry for the wait time there! Live Chat can help with this, but you can also give us a call on 202.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 12 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, still busy!!

Will have to try again later as I've already spent to much time on this!

Just noticed there is an option to email me when someone replies! Ironic!

Message 13 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been on chat twice and both times was given information that was incorrect - saying to contact Sky for heaven's sake! They were not aware that people still had o2 webmail so spent ages trying to explain the situation, i.e. Was getting emails up till Tuesday of this week. Been in the the localmo2 store to speak to their o2 guru and he thankfully knew what he was talking about - but couldn't get me into my webmail and even he didn't know why! Great! I have email info in folders on my o2 webmail that is very important and I still can't access it,mheaven though with help the guru in store was able to get my o2 emails sent to my Sky inbox. 

Surely o2 could open their mouths and tell us what's happening and at least give us time to move our emails to another provider - I'm talking about the emails in specific folders which won't transfer across! Really really poor communication and the inline chat gurus haven't got a clue!

Message 14 of 26

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Please send me a private message and we'll look into this.

Get involved:

Message 15 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Toby,

do you mind if I PM you too since I've experienced the exact same thing this morning when trying to fix my webmail access.  The person on the other end of the phone didn't realise that webmail was still being used and then, after discussion with a supervisor, informed me that the servers were turned off and that my e-mail was gone and not retrievable.  I know this to be incorrect so I am very disappointed in the customer service, blatantly feeding me incorrect information.  As mentioned, I have no issue with O2 closing its webmail service, but some sort of warning, say a month before the shutdown, would have been very useful.  Any help to access my webmail would be very useful.  I don't mind relocating my mail, I just need to access them first!

Thanks

Andy

Message 16 of 26

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi Andy,

Sure thing, send me a message please.

Get involved:

Message 17 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been having the same problem as the others above for the past few days - when I try to access my O2 webmail on my Windows 10 laptop, I either get a blank page, or it hangs, searching, or it says the page cannot be accessed.  I did once get access a couple of days ago, but have had no joy since.  I had O2 home boradband which has transferred to Sky, but the O2 webmail facility remained available and I have had no warnings about it being suspended.

Interestingly, I can still access my recent emails and send emails via O2 using my Samsung smartphone.  When I first got my laptop with WIndows 8, I tried to set up a link to download my O2 emails onto my Laptop, but it said the email format was wrong - it needed to be changed by the email provider to the newer format - I never did anything about it as it was quite handy having the emails accessible to multiple devices by leaving them on the website.  If the O2 webmail is being closed I would like to download all the emails from the webmail server so that I have access to them - quite a lot of them are important or essential for reference.

Can you please tell me how I can access them and get them changed to a format that I can use to download them to my Windows 10 laptop.

I know O2 won't have deleted them, as you are obliged to keep them for a year or so for security reasons.

Message 18 of 26

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Feel free to send me a PM about this.

I'm working on getting some information for everyone here on the community too slight_smile 

Get involved:

Message 19 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Sorry @Toby but it seems like one of the servers has either gone down or been switched off.

Message 20 of 26