Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Ways to Pay guidelines (help please)

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I need help from the forum members please.

A few days ago I was nominated to provide a help link showing ways to pay your O2 bill.

My nomination was a bit 'off the cuff'... due to the fact I have often provided a bookmarked link showing payment methods.

However, there is a world of difference in knowing how to copy and paste the link....and the reality of using different payment methods. Horrified

When I was on PAYG, I used debit cards to top up, as and when I needed to. Moving to contract I set up a direct debit for monthly repayments. Job done (for me).

Since then there have been changes to PAYG tariffs and subsequent payment requirements.

Things I 'think' I know...Rolleys

Contract customers... 'should' pay via direct debit. Though they can pay via MyO2?

PAYG .*Top up via cards online or via 4444....*Automated payment line...*E Vouchers

But what about the new PAYG tariffs....how are these paid?. Can a monthly plan be set up etc etc

I have a feeling there is a heck of a lot more  I should know....but don't...LOL

Any info will be appreciated....Wave

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

MI5
  • 144360 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
PAYG top up help here http://www.o2.co.uk/topup
Contract cust can also pay by calling CS.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
PAYG top up help here http://www.o2.co.uk/topup
Contract cust can also pay by calling CS.

This is where I got confused Rich. I thought it was in O2's terms and conditions that all contract customers had to pay via direct debit?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 39

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Unfortunately once a direct debit is set up it can be cancelled straight away by the contract holder. O2 don't seem to enforce it though it is in the terms and conditions....

Message 4 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Unfortunately once a direct debit is set up it can be cancelled straight away by the contract holder. O2 don't seem to enforce it though it is in the terms and conditions....

Ok...though if I am providing guidelines on ways to pay, then surely I shouldn't be including " alternative ways to pay if you cancel your direct debit"?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 39

MI5
  • 144360 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
A moral dilemma wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
A moral dilemma wink

I may include it like this.... 'In an emergency (such as a problem with the direct debit) customers may make a payment by calling Customer Services'. Then I am  referencing it, though not condoning it  wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 39

MI5
  • 144360 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Nice, I like it slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 39

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Natwest and RBS customers can also top up their mobiles via their Apps:

"If you’ve got a Pay-As-You-Go mobile, top it up using the Mobile app. It lets you add up to five different mobile phones so you can keep the whole family talking. Mobile Top Up works with all the major mobile networks, except 3."

http://personal.natwest.com/personal/ways-to-bank-with-us/mobile-banking/key-benefits-of-theapp.html
Message 10 of 39