cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel is utterly pathetic and not worth the money

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently went to France (Brittany) and every web page I attempted to load took approx 10 attempts with a 1 minute time-out between each. The service is apparently throttled for foreign O2 users... How the company has the audacity, nay temerity, to charge 2 GBP per day for this is beyond me. It was so pathetic I am even considering moving my 4 phones to another service. That is all.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@L_W_Ward wrote:

I used it in Mijas, Spain and it worked a treat. However 100MB is NOT enough, how is a man suppost to watch BBC iPlayer tongue just kidding. 

Liam...if I remember correctly, you and I were in that area of Spain 'together' ...(well at the same time anyway) LOL

So... i am glad you are saying pretty much the same as me... (though our lot watched iPlayer over Wifi) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it's a bit unfair advertising it as unlimited as we all know from past experience when throttled it's basically unusable so it should really say 100mb in my opinion
Message 12 of 18

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It does say 100mb and thereafter throttled - It's clearly stated in the links I posted earlier.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 18

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I know it says it I just think it's a little misleading saying there's no upper limit when in effect it's 100mb
Message 15 of 18

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Perfectly clear to me and it doesn't stop at 100mb like at home so I don't really see an issue in this case tbh.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it's clear it's just my take on it it's a good deal either way
Message 17 of 18

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Fair enough mate:)

Currently using:
Message 18 of 18