cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Sony Xperia Z1 bluetooth headphones promotion

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know how long it is taking for the Sony bluetooth headphones and Sony music unlimited passcodes for the Z1 promotion to be delivered after they have registered?  Mine are taking ages to come 😞

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You really need to take this up with CS as we are all customers like yourself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 20

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/sony-xperia-z1-and-xperia-z1-compact-music-unlimited-...

"This Offer is hosted by O2 (Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX) on behalf of Sony Mobile (Sony Mobile Communications', 202 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 7DN) (the 'Promoter') from 27th January 2014 to 27th March 2014 ("Promotion Period"), or while stocks last."

Message 12 of 20

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Thanks for the update Scott.

There isn't a number on the website, but I'l try ringing the number you were given to see what's going on.

A not so helpful chap on chat told me that they would just be posted out after the phone, which is completely not what anything says...

It is just annoying that having been looking forward to getting it all sorted there are now issues that no-one seems to be able to help with. Frustrating is putting it mildly!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 20

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

I read that, but I ordered the phone on the 26th and only took delivery today.

The part that fills me with a little hope is:

1. Once You've purchased Your new phone and are connected to the O2 network, You need to go towww.sonymobile.com/O2offer no later than 27th April 2014 and enter Your personal details along with Your IMEI number (access this by entering *#06# into your new Xperia handset keypad), your mobile number and the date of purchase.

So it says I should have until 27th April to claim, yet the website is no longer there. But the offer is still showing in the o2 shop...

o2 headphones.png

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

01296 717955 phone this number on monday, these are the guys dealing with the promotion and they are surprisingly friendly. It says as long as stocks last so I assume if you have a voucher then they still have stock. Let me know how u get on. I wasnt home to take delivery of my headphones, but I'll get them on monday when I get home, and I'll update on if they are worth the hype or not wink

Message 15 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi bud,

I got my headphones this morning, so it took about 5 weeks.  I have tried that link for the promotion and it is back working again, so i'd give it a go.  Good luck.

Message 16 of 20

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Glad you got them at last @Anonymous and hope they are worth the long wait slight_smile

Message 17 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mate,

yes I've just got home and trying them out now and I can say I am very pleased with them.  One thing to note is when you get them and you are fussy about the sound quality, then make sure you change the settings to 'priority on sound quality' as there is a big difference.  Instructions below on how to do this.  All in all, cracking phone, excellent free headphones and a years subscription to music unlimited, top offer O2 well done. Cheers

Capture.PNG

Message 18 of 20

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Just to keep you all in the loop...

Spoke to o2 on Saturday who were very apologetic but not sure what was going on. As far as they knew everything should still be working, ie the promotion was still on.

Phoned the Sony number provided earlier (01296 717955) on Monday. Basically said sorry but promotion was finished. Asked them to look at the T&Cs on the o2 website for the offer. Went quiet for a few seconds, then asked if they could call me back later.

Took a phone call from them in the afternoon basically eating humble pie. The website had been removed as they thought the promotion ended on the 27th March, which was when you had to order the phone before and not when you had to claim before. Was advised to try the website again to claim the offer.

Meanwhile o2 were busy at their end. They raised a new order for a voucher and a returns sticker to be sent to me (still not sure why), which turned up today. I must admit to thinking that they had expedited a pair of the headphones to me as a way of apologising for the massive series of mistakes with this.

Today I have managed to get to the website (didn't do it yesterday thinking o2 had already posted them) and entered all my details. I'll give it to the end of the week and ring them again to see what the situation is.

All in all the most helpful person has been a fellow customer of o2 and not their customer services or the ones at the promotion. The fact that neither company really knew what it was supposed to be doing is rather worrying.

Still, it's not like I've just signed up for their services for 2 years.....

Message 19 of 20

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

So, just to keep anyone who's interested up to date, I phoned the people at the promotion today to find out what was going on since it was 3 weeks since I had last spoken to anyone.

I suppose I should have been alerted to the fact that the woman on the other end was very cagey once she had taken my details, but she said that my claim was being processed and could take up to 6 weeks to be sent out. Fair enough I thought, but could you not at least tell me everything is fine given we are well over half way through this...

Just now I have had an email basically saying "thanks for your cash, sucka!!" Oh, and you're not getting your headphones. Which has cheered me up no end.

Going to have a moan at o2 now (because I'm feeling mighty p*ssed that I was sold something that I've not had delivered.

Before everyone jumps on my case, I realise that everything states limited stock, but given the conversations I've had with people about this at both o2 and the promotioncompany, all who certainly made me feel like I was going to get a set I now feel very let down.

Guess I've learned not to take anything for granted, and that I should have stuck to my guns in taking the phone at the lowest monthly price instead of looking for the freebie. Not a mistake I'll be maing again...

Message 20 of 20