cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Repar, Damaged theri end! HELP?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I sent my Nokia Lumia 930 in for repair as after the windows 10 update the phone rebooted and just got stuck in a boot loop of turning its self on and off.

after waiting 2 weeks i contacted them to ask what was happening with my phone they said they have sent it to nokia for repair and Nokia have sent it back and as soon as they recive it they will post it back to me and i can expect it to affive on wednesday the 11th (yesterday) the phone didnt arrive so today i called them only to be told they have a quotation to repir my screen?? (How can it be on its way to me one miniuet and then a broken screen the next??) i told them there was nothing wrong with my screen and they must have the wrong phone details but they are adament that my screen is broken and its not coverd under warranty.

I know 100% that they phone was fine when i sent it to them and i more than enough made sure that the packaging was fine so i dount it got damaged on the way to them, they said after reciving the phone they sent iot to nokia to be fixed so im guessing that it got damaged then somehow? 

But to make things worse they want £230 to fix my screen!!?? Thats more than what the phone costs to buy new!

I have said i refuse to pay for damage that i didnt do and i also refuse to execpt my phone back with damage that wasnt there when i sent it to them.

What rights do i have and what can i do about this horrible situation im in?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Cleoriff
  • 122924 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Best of luck with it @Anonymous. Please come back and let us know the outcome wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27669 Solutions
Good luck mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 37

jonsie
  • 93230 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I cant see how they can even justify £230 to fix the screen anyhow!? thats a ridiculus price to fix the screen, i mean i could buy one on ebay for £50 and im sure with o2/anovo buying power they are paying farless than that, and i know its a differnt phone but i fixed my own samsung s3 screen and it took me about 2 hrs so im guessing it would take them with all their tools and knowlege about an hour!

il see what the complaints team have to say about exactly what the damage is when they investigate.

Il keep you all posted on what the outcome is!

Thanks for all your guys help so far!

It's quite possible that the phone is lost and they are quoting you for a refurb.Get the phone back and check the IMEI number. Good luck.

Message 23 of 37

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

The phone was sent off for a software fault. How in the world did that evolve into a charge of £230 to repair a damaged screen? 

@Anonymous If you do a search on Google you can find a Grade A refurb for £190, so if I were you I'd tell O2 repairs where they can stick your 'screen damaged' phone.

Edit: Sheesh! I just looked on the Microsoft site, and then through a redirect to a company called Unlocked Mobiles, you can get a BRAND NEW one for £295, and they're throwing in a free wireless charger!

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 24 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

That was what I was wondering @Bambino you could get a brand new Samsung for that price 

Message 25 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok so im still yet to await a reply from the complaints team but i did speak to someone today and they said that apparentley that my touch plate is lose? i have no idea what that is but still my phone was working fine (before the weird boot loop) with no visable damage what so ever when i sent it to them! what even is a touch plate anyway? 

Also i asked why my phone even had to be sent to Nokia in the fiorst place and they said that anovo do not fix nokia phones they send every one to nokia...does that seem weird to anybody else?

Message 26 of 37

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27669 Solutions
I can only assume they mean your digitiser when they say touch plate, but as no one ever refers to them as touch plates this just sounds like more nonsense.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 37

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
If it was just a case of a loose "touch plate" (not a phrase Ive ever heard any engineer use.. Ever) then the adhesive to reattach it is about 93p.
And that's the really good stuff too.
Message 28 of 37

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
And for reference (just cuz I had nowt to do)
The 1080p amoled display is £119 from Nokia stock and it comes with a new silver or black frame surround too.
Message 29 of 37

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

First, and sorry to burst your bubble here, but the software issue won't be covered if upgrading via the insider programe as this is beta software. None the less, if it not booting, the shouldn't know that wink

Second, I changed the screen on my old 930, the adhesives to the 'touch plate' was unbelievable and took me a good hour heating with a hair dryer to remove and clean it. They are talking 100% horse radish. It's most likely they broke the screen while trying to remove it from the housing. (Which, they didn't need to do). Unless they were looking to see if the liquid indicators had been activated, any excuse not to repair.

The best of it is, it sound like it just needs reflashed, and Microsoft have a tool online that helps you do this. They had absolutely no reason to open the phone.

Better call dom lol

(bbc1 early mornings show about consumer complaints)

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 30 of 37