Did you mean: 

O2 Recycle: We want to hear from you

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

O2 Recycle has been running for a while as a service and the team would really like to gather some feedback and insights from you guys.

It’s a much-debated subject here on the community and this is a great chance to let your voice be heard.

We’d love to hear your thoughts on:

• How the reviewing process works
  • What works in your view
  • What aspects affect it negatively in your view?
  • Your views on quotes given
  • How you’d improve the service

You’re all great at posting feedback and your insights are very thorough so myself and the rest of the team are eager to hear your thoughts to see if anything can perhaps be improved.

I’ll report back on any news from behind the scenes too slight_smile

Please make sure all feedback is constructive, even if negative.

So, over to you guys!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Personally I have never used them @Toby...A family member has though and was appalled at the poor service. She had a S3 mini... less than a year old and only wanted to trade it in because she was offered her sons S4

* Excellent condition and was offered a sum she was happy with...

* She sent it off and the offer was reduced by half. They said...

* Screen had a hairline crack and water ingress.....

* Luckily she had taken photos  for no other reason than she wanted her own record of the phone...

* Took her three weeks to get it back after she refused the offer.

* NO damage to the phone whatsoever.

* Sold it for the price she wanted via the local free paper

After this and other negative posts I read on here...I couldn't in all honesty recommend them

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I have a friend who used the service and it was when it was first set up. I unfortunately had told him about the scheme. I saw his phone before he packaged it carefully and sent it off when he was offered £190 for his iPhone. Good price at the time and no worries about selling it on with the problems that could cause issues further down the line.

Offer reduced to £85 due to dead pixels on the screen and cosmetic damage. As I say, I saw the phone, absolutely perfect but he wanted the latest Apple offering and I told him to get the phone back and sell it on eBay or amazon. It came back with a big scratch on the back which I think was probably done out of spite.

I vowed then never to use them or recommend to anyone due to the guilt I felt. Terrible, terrible company and why they were given a new contract defies logic.

Well you did ask.....

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Used them twice, used them instore, got very good prices, sent them off in perfect condition each time & got what I was quoted each time with no fuss
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have only used it once. I posted the phone using the free postage option (it was only a cheap windows phone and the offer was only £9.00), it arrived safe and sound a couple of days later and the payment was processed on the same day it arrived.I used a o2 priority code to get an extra 10% (yipee!) on the offer. All in all easy to use and the whole process took only a few days.

Message 5 of 10

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Hi @Toby

I've not used them, and I never would after reading some of the horror stories on here Horrified

If however u guys change the company that you're currently using, I'd consider it

Message 6 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I've not used this service, but from some of the reports here I would be very wary.

Too many complaints about faults of which the owner was unaware.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 10

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Some great feedback here everyone thanks very much slight_smile

I'll be collating it all and passing it on the O2 Recycle team very soon, so if you've got something else to say about the service, now is the time.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Pleased about this feedback @Toby Of course there have been many many complaints about O2 recycle..mainly about the poor second offers they give..... which are linked to false claims about the state of the phone when they get it. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I'm sorry @Toby but the cynic in me says negative feedback will be swept under the carpet and they will be happy to give the odd customer full value but continue to fleece your average o2 customer just wanting the initial offer. I reckon the odds of winning the lottery are far better than this company giving you a fair deal. My opinion of course.....

Message 10 of 10