cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 REFER A FRIEND IS A COMPLETE SCAM

Anonymous
Not applicable

You dont get anything - Nothing! And theres no-one you can complain to!

I was referred to O2 by a friend on the 7th July, I took out a 12 month contract and it went live on the 9th, its now the 29th and I have heard absolutely nothing. I know it takes some time for the vouchers to be sent but I havent even had a confirmation email that I will be getting them and to wait or anything - and neither has the friend that referred me

I have made countless calls to O2 customer servces and wrote to O2 using the refer a friend enquiry form

https://www.refero2.co.uk/widget/enquiries/Default.aspx?key=8ABDD90B-5EB7-4691-9A35-A29C6586B08F&

All you get from customer service is NOTHING, they dont know anything about it and dont offer even a smidge of help. They say its online only and they cannot help with it

Luckily, there is an online enquiry for for the people that do deal with it though. UNFORTUNATELY... The enquiry form is never replied to apart form a system generated email saying we will be back to you in 5 days and you never hear anything again

To make things worse I referred 1 of my friends to O2 promising them they would receive vouchers and they have recently signed up to a 12 month contract as well

This is an absolute joke and a scam by O2. You cant speak to anyone to complain and the people you can contact via an enquiry form either never reply or, more likely, dont exist

ASBOLUTELY DISGUSTING SERVICE AND A TOTAL SCAM

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
When i recommended a friend the site said it could take up to 90 days.
iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 11 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The terms and conditions state 3 months but an acknowledgement email should be received within a few days. It seem no email was forthcoming even though the claim form had been filled in.

Message 12 of 24

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Oooo i never got an email. Should i contact someone too?
iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 13 of 24

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

2. Following successful validation of purchase instructions will be emailed to both the 'Referrer' and the 'Friend' regarding how to claim your reward.

Refer a Friend terms and conditions

Message 14 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Neither referrer or friend received anything and its been 21 days now. They were quick (instant) to send out the refer a friend recommendation emails, they instantly sent out the confirmation of order emails and both 12 months sims were instantly sent out and received the next day. Then everything stops, you never hear anything again

Trying to contact anyone about it is a nightmare, in fact, scrap that, its not a nightmare, its impossible

No-one on the phones in any department knows about it and the 'ask a question' form is never replied to other than a system generated email saying they will be in touch within 5 days

Absolutely disgusting

Ive made a complaint with a hope that it should get sorted by the complaints department, but to be honest this has gone too far now and if they dont resolve it, all the refer a friend emails have been saved and all the emails confirming the orders of the 12 month contracts have been saved so I'll be going to the ombudsman

Message 15 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is an absolute disgrace O2.

I sent a complaint off to the complaints department detailing every single thing, including all the order numbers, phone numbers to the contracts, referres, email addresses, everything

Thats was last wednesday. I got an automated email saying their current turnaround time was 5 days

8 days later and they still havent replied

If anyone is thinking of using the refer a friend scheme DO NOT DO IT

ITS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE

I am not leaving this now, ombudsman it is for me

It a disgrace that customers should have to go through all the frsutration, grief and aggravation just through entering one of their referral schemes

Im not letting them get away with it

Message 16 of 24

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I think they usually mean working days, so I would expect a reply any time now....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 24

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I understand your frustration but the complaint review service will get back to you.

Message 18 of 24

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

This is an absolute disgrace O2.

I am not leaving this now, ombudsman it is for me

The Ombudsman won't consider it until you've gone through O2's complaints procedure so wait until you get a reply.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 19 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
As mentioned above. You are not able to go to the Ombudsman until you have either had o2's FINAL RESPONSE which comes from complaints review service OR it has been 8 weeks since you referred the complaint to the complaints review service. (A complaint to customer services does NOT count for the 8 week rule).

CRS turnaround is up to 14 days. They have advised you that the current average is 5 working days but it depends on how much investigation they have to do.

Bear with them. Frustrating it is but you have to go through the correct processes.
Message 20 of 24