Did you mean: 

O2 Protect beta

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 Protect Beta – keeping your digital stuff safe

Hey Guys, 

We need your help with this beta trail.

What is it?

• O2 Protect is a new digital service which provides complete digital peace of mind, which will be available to both Pre and Post Pay customers
  • This trial is only on android only at this moment in time.
  • With O2 Protect, you can securely store, backup, access and share your content across all of your devices. All of your music, photos and documents will be available on your phone, tablet, PC & laptop whenever you need them, regardless of OS. They’ll also be safe from viruses too. And you’ll be able to remotely find, lock and even wipe all your data on up to 5 devices if they do get stolen and restore it to a new device.
  • There are 2 products within O2 Protect::
  • O2 Store & Share - our cloud backup, store and share service powered by Funambol,
  • O2 Guard - our device and content security service powered by McAfee

Key points

• From the 15th December until the 31st March we are offering O2 Protect completely free during the Beta test.
  • It’s available to use on any device but you need to sign up using a consumer Post Pay or Pay & Go My O2 account.
  • The beta finishes and the 31st March and all customers who subscribe to O2 Protect services during the beta phase shall be contacted in advance to advise them that charges will shortly be incurred and with instructions on how to cancel their subscription should they so wish 
  • Beta testers may cancel their subscription at any time by using the link provided in all SMS and email communications or by logging on at https://protect.o2.co.uk/hub.
  • Testers who have not contacted O2 to cancel their subscription by the 1st April shall be charged at the rates set out at protect.o2.co.uk for the bundle selected. 

How do I get the beta version of O2 Protect?

Just search the Android App store for O2 Protect and then subscribe on our website where you can sign in using your My O2 account https://protect.o2.co.uk/

What do you do once you have the beta?

We’re really looking for your feedback on this new product so let us know about any issues in the journey in downloading and any issues you get using the product, also if you have any suggestions or thoughts let us know.

We’re collating all the feedback on this thread and will be answering it on and giving you updates on a regular basis.

The terms and conditions for O2 Protect are here http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/other-products-and-services/o2-protect-terms-and-conditions

So download it now and let us know what you think.

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has O2 Protect Beta attracted much interest in the Community?  If so, any comments or recommendations anyone would like to share with us ignorami?

Message 2 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Eager to hear your thoughts @jonsie slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 14

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Just downloaded and set this up.
Very easy setup, very good ui, and easy to use so far.
Message 5 of 14

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
"device and content security service powered by McAfee"..........what ??!!!!!!
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 6 of 14

lucids
  • 50 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

"McAfee"!! agreed this instantly put me off the idea....when this comes bundled with any product or PC the 1st thing one does is remove asap. They are  notortious for conflicts and bad software...

Seems quite pricey...compared to things like google drive. Many phone manufacturers partner up with the likes of Google/Dropbox/Evernote to give lots of free storage. Trust is very important as people are uploading their personal content and I'm not sure I would be willing to use a McAfee based product.

Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @jonsie! Did you finally try it?
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was put off by the fact that mcafee comes with it as this is a program that is very hard to get rid of if you don't want it
Message 9 of 14

stik
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 27 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just downloaded the app so now i am going off to have a playSmiley Very Happy

S.t.i.k.
😛
Message 10 of 14