cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Portable Power Bars

Anonymous
Not applicable

We're all aware EE are giving out free portable chargers to their customers, I think we'd all like it if O2 did the same, no?

Priority is all well and good but I'd much rather have a charger than 15% off some Hotel Chocolat.

Anyone feel similar?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes something like this would be nice.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Theres a catch to the so called "free" ee power bars.After 18 months you have to return it or pay £5.00.

Its in the small print,i wonder how many ee customers know that !

Message 3 of 5

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm Toby, the community manager. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll share it with the rest of the team slight_smile

Does anyone have any other ideas and suggestions they would like me share with the team too?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Spencer, Although you are correct with the fine print, it needs clarification. I found out through Money Saving Expert site the following: 

The reason it's a hire agreement is so EE (including Orange and T-Mobile) customers can swap their power bar for a fully-charged replacement bar at any EE store nationwide as many times as they like. That's one of the core perks of this particular deal over just buying a charger – the ability to walk into a store and swap it.

EE has stated this clause is in there because it legally needs to state an end date to the promotion. It says in reality it will review the scheme as a whole after 18 months and decide whether to continue it, end it or to change it. If the scheme continues in its current format, EE says it's unlikely it will force people to return the power bar after 18 months, or that it will charge them if they don't.

So it would be good if O2 followed a similar promotion. The ability to recharge your phone and swapping for a fully charged bar when you're out and about is a great deal.

Message 5 of 5