Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open - What Now?

Mark_1980
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
So, I've just signed up to a 24 month iPad contract. I was told that I qualified for the O2 Open discount as I work for the NHS. The only problem was, I wasn't told how to actually go about getting it.

So I'm after a bit of help - I've had a look through the forum and there seem to be so much conflicting information I thought I'd just ask for a definitive answer!

So, can anyone tell me how I go about getting my discount? I'm collecting the iPad from my local O2 store on Friday if that has any relevance.

Thanks slight_smile
I don't care what rank I am and neither should anyone else.
Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Its all here Mark http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Open-and-Friends-and-Family-Discount-Schemes...

but basically, just give the store your code when you collect or call through to CS to have it applied within the first 28 days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Its all here Mark http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Open-and-Friends-and-Family-Discount-Schemes...

but basically, just give the store your code when you collect or call through to CS to have it applied within the first 28 days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You have to do it at commencement of contract. this guide by MI5 is all you need

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Open-and-Friends-and-Family-Discount-Schemes...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 18

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Mark_1980
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Thank you.

I actually read that post before and misunderstood it. My bad..

Can I sign up and get the code now, or do I need to wait until I pick the iPad up being as the code will be applied to the new number (which I obviously don't know yet).. Thanks again slight_smile
Message 5 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

And as usual, Capn Jack Flash @MI5 got there before me....LOL

Some FAQ's https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/ShowFAQ

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Get the code now. You can apply with any mobile number and it doesn't even have to be an O2 number.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Actually, you wouldn't be able to use the iPad number as they don't receive text messages so you'd have to do it in store or over the phone with your code as texting the claim through wouldn't work either.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

And as usual, Capn Jack Flash @MI5 got there before me....LOL

Some FAQ's https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/ShowFAQ

lol - on the link anyway tongue

Currently using:
Message 9 of 18

Mark_1980
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Thanks @MI5 - I've signed up now, but haven't requested the code yet. I think I'll just get them to do it in store when I collect it...
Message 10 of 18