cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open Discount

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been told by a friend that O2 have finally started to offer discount on the Iphone 6 and 6 Plus with O2 open discount.

So i sent the code and received a text saying can only get discount within the first 28 days of purchasing the handset.

So i have rung in and spoken to a Manager who has advised me that a discount can only be applied within the first 28 days however can be extended to 90 Days depending on circumstances.

So O2 are offering discount on iphone 6 with O2 open discount but wait we are not as we did not offer discount until 5 months after selling the handset, which i was not told at the time.

So in order to receive the discount I have to pay £400 to get out of my contract and then take out a new contract and pay a further £210 for a new handset.

I was with EE for 6 years and was constantly thrown around and am not going through this whole process again.

Can someone please advise??.

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's always been the case that the discount had to be applied within the first month of purchase. I know they exclude the iphones for the first 6 months or so and there are thousands of customers unable to take advantage of the discount. Those obviously buying recently can take up the offer but that's their good fortune and your misfortune I'm afraid.

Message 2 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Discounts are never offered from O2 at launch of any new iPhones.
The choice is get a new iPhone at launch or wait and get discount later.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Discounts are never offered from O2 at launch of any new iPhones.
The choice is get a new iPhone at launch or wait and get discount later.

An absolutely stupid unjust way of doing things in my opinion. I have no idea why this 'rule' should be applied to iPhones. ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Maximising profits and squeezing everything they can out of the people clammering to get the iphone immediately. Same reason they don't discount anything for iphone or offer any deals. They don't need to because they can't supply enough to meet the demand.

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Because there is never any shortage of customers !
Do you seriously think, given the choice, any person wanting a new iPhone would not buy one just because they couldn't get 30% off the airtime?
I refer you back to that 500+ page thread we had on here last Sept/Oct wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Do you seriously think, given the choice, any person wanting a new iPhone would not buy one just because they couldn't get 30% off the airtime?

Whistle I just thought it was about time we saw a bit of iPhone rage......LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Don't we get that every year and threads ad nauseum when people don't receive the phones they ordered because of poor stock control for weeks on end?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Don't we get that every year and threads ad nauseum when people don't receive the phones they ordered because of poor stock control for weeks on end?

Yes and it will be the same again this year as people never seem to learn.

Message 10 of 12