cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 - O2. Number migration/port from current o2 contract to new o2 contract.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My 24 month contract is expiring June 9th and I've found a good 2 year contract deal online with a 3rd party seller of 02 and I wish to keep my current O2 number.

Is it true that O2 will allow me to transfer/port/migrate my current number onto the new O2 contract tariff taken out from this third party?

If so, what and how do I do it, what steps need to be taken?

Thanks in advance,

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

Yes it's no problem as you are still with O2 it's just a simple call to CS on 202 once you have your new contract.
You will have to pay a changeover period of 30 days though so for the first month you will be effectively paying for both the old and new contract unless you give notice 30 days before the end of contract - Just make sure you change your number before your old contract is disconnected.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

Yes it's no problem as you are still with O2 it's just a simple call to CS on 202 once you have your new contract.
You will have to pay a changeover period of 30 days though so for the first month you will be effectively paying for both the old and new contract unless you give notice 30 days before the end of contract - Just make sure you change your number before your old contract is disconnected.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12065 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
^^^ that.

point to note is that you need the device plan of your current expiring contract to be paid off before you can transfer your number.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 3