cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Insurance Courier Collection

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I am new to this forum so apologies if I make any mistakes or faults along the way.

I have an iPhone 6S Plus which, unfortunately, suffered quite bad screen glass damage after it dropped onto the road. I used it for a while but then discovered I had full free accidental repair insurance that came with my tarriff. I made a call to the O2 insurance team who informed me my claim had been logged and processed and was due for collection Tuesday.

However this is where I began to get confused. I was told three different things from seperate live-chat advisors and 2 emails:

1. The courier will arrive with a pre-addressed Jiffy Bag and I just hand him the device.
2. I have to "correctly label and package" the iPhone myself and hand to the courier.
3. The courier will hand me a pre-addressed Jiffy Bag and I send it off myself.

From what I've read it's most likely I have to just hand the courier my device and it's sent off straight away. I've read so many horror stories about this process and I hope it's as smooth as possible and will keep this thread updated as it happens to hopefully help people in the future. Thanks for any advice or help with this too.

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

A word of advice here @Anonymous...Its always good to take photos of the phone you are sending off and make a note of its IMEI number...that way you can be sure that there is no other damage other than what you have reported. Also the IMEI will ensure you get the same phone back. Not scaremongering but always best to be safe than sorry....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your advice @Cleoriff Smiley Very Happy

From what I've been told it's not a repair it's a full replacement device so I think the IMEI would change...unsure if im honest not the most knowledgable on this kind of this but I'll take pictures of the device beforehand certainly.

Message 12 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

If it is a new phone the IMEI would change...but that's one way of knowing if you have a new device when its returned. Anyway will leave you to it. Hope all goes well and looking forward to hearing the outcome wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 43

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 14 of 43

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for your advice @Cleoriff Smiley Very Happy

From what I've been told it's not a repair it's a full replacement device so I think the IMEI would change...unsure if im honest not the most knowledgable on this kind of this but I'll take pictures of the device beforehand certainly.

Just so that you are aware, the replacement will be a refurbished phone most likely.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie All done! Phone is now ready sitting waiting for collection. Got an email from DPD saying they'd come between 12:37 and 13:37 so will update as soon as it happens slight_smile

Message 16 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 Ah I see, well anyway at least I won't have a cracked screen! (As long as everything goes to planSmiley Surprised)

Message 17 of 43

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 Ah I see, well anyway at least I won't have a cracked screen!

Hopefully not wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 43

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous  It seems fairly likely that your phone will be replaced and you won't get your present phone back. I don't know if you can do this on an iPhone, but if you can, the phone should be encrypted and then a factory reset done to ensure any data you have on the phone that may be sensitive is unreadable.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino Unsure if it's the same thing but I did an encrypted back-up on iTunes of all my data and then did a factory reset of the iPhone

Message 20 of 43