cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Insurance Courier Collection

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I am new to this forum so apologies if I make any mistakes or faults along the way.

I have an iPhone 6S Plus which, unfortunately, suffered quite bad screen glass damage after it dropped onto the road. I used it for a while but then discovered I had full free accidental repair insurance that came with my tarriff. I made a call to the O2 insurance team who informed me my claim had been logged and processed and was due for collection Tuesday.

However this is where I began to get confused. I was told three different things from seperate live-chat advisors and 2 emails:

1. The courier will arrive with a pre-addressed Jiffy Bag and I just hand him the device.
2. I have to "correctly label and package" the iPhone myself and hand to the courier.
3. The courier will hand me a pre-addressed Jiffy Bag and I send it off myself.

From what I've read it's most likely I have to just hand the courier my device and it's sent off straight away. I've read so many horror stories about this process and I hope it's as smooth as possible and will keep this thread updated as it happens to hopefully help people in the future. Thanks for any advice or help with this too.

Message 1 of 43
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to the forum

As far as I am aware if you have been told the courier will collect the phone when you should just give it to him. Make sure you get some sort of receipt. One of our members @viridis had one sent for repair recently...I know he said that's what the process is.....:smileyhappy:

Keep us updated please

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to the forum

As far as I am aware if you have been told the courier will collect the phone when you should just give it to him. Make sure you get some sort of receipt. One of our members @viridis had one sent for repair recently...I know he said that's what the process is.....:smileyhappy:

Keep us updated please

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 43

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23079 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

If you do a search on the forum you will see how completely unreliable Live Chat is. If you can, call customer service to clarify the procedure, but my bet it will be number 1 on your list. If they wanted you to send it off yourself, why would they have a courier delivering the jiffy bag? Just make sure it's addressed correctly and has your correct return address before you hand it to the courier.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff The last email I got states "A courier has been booked to collect your iPhone. They will bring a jiffy bag for you to put your iPhone into". Hopefully that's as easy as it is. But reading all sorts of different things and getting a bit confused haha but thank you so much for your help and I'll keep you updated! slight_smile

Message 4 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino Yeah I'm getting the consensus that the live chat is very unreliable. I thought the advice they gave was a bit silly but they told me 3 different ways it's going to happen which suggests they don't really know themselves but I'll keep this thread updated and let you all know how it goes down! Thank you for you help though! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff The last email I got states "A courier has been booked to collect your iPhone. They will bring a jiffy bag for you to put your iPhone into". Hopefully that's as easy as it is. But reading all sorts of different things and getting a bit confused haha but thank you so much for your help and I'll keep you updated! slight_smile

Actually @Anonymous I have been in contact with Viridis on your behalf.. He confirms what I said in my initial post is correct...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

Definately should be number one, and they should give a receipt for confirmation.

Message 7 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff Thank you very much for doing that it's appreciated! I'm now more at peace with this whole thing but, again, I'll update the thread as soon as it's done. Thanks again slight_smile

More info

Message 8 of 43

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23079 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

Good luck @Anonymous. Hope you get your phone repaired quickly.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha thank you very much @Bambino I'm really hoping so. Never had to send a phone off for repair before so a bit apprehensive as I know how mad these things can become so better safe than sorry I guessLOL

Message 10 of 43