Did you mean: 

O2 Hold Music - The Playlists!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey everyone,

As much as everyone hates being in a queue, sometimes it's unavoidable when it's busy... Whether it's a queue to get into a gig, the cinema, the shopping tills, or when calling for support. That's why at O2 we put a great deal of effort into choosing the best music playlist so you can get your groove on while you're waiting.

Our playlist changes a little over time but we're frequently asked "what's that hold music?" - here, on Twitter, on Facebook. So we'll be using this thread to update you on our most up-to-date playlist every quarter - or sooner, if there's any major changes.

2015 - Q4
1. Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know
2. Paloma Faith - Upside Down
3. Stereophonics - We Share The Same Sun
4. Stevie Wonder - Signed Sealed Delivered
5. John Newman - Love Me Again
6. Beck - Blue Moon
7. Brandon Flowers - Crossfire
8. James - She's A Star
9. Gary Barlow - Let Me Go
10. The Vamps - Wild Heart
11. Foxes - Holding onto Heaven
12. Mogwai - Teenage Exorcists
13. Rumor - Dangerous
14. Chvrches - By The Throat
15. 1975 – Girls

Requests / Suggestions
Recent and upcoming acts at The O2 help inspire our playlist but we want it to be as fresh and upbeat as possible. Our fantastic telephony team are watching this thread so if you have any suggestions, feel free to post it here. We can't guarantee it'll be possible for varying reasons but if we can do it sometime in the future, we can certainly look into it.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Thanks for that post @Chris_K

Sometimes it bugs me when I hear a song and don't know what it is - now I know where to look next time (if I am in a queue to O2).

Some good tunes and some debatable tunes - but that's just my opinion.  I think it is an ok variety of songs.

Maybe some newer songs wouldn't go amiss (e.g. Bruno Mars, Adele, etc) and maybe some more classics (e.g. Tom Jones, Tina Turner, Simply Red, Roy Orbison, etc).

At the end of the day, O2 customers aren't all from one age gap nor from the same taste of music so there has to always be variety slight_smile

Message 2 of 11

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Good shout on the songs @gemz4the1, I'll pass on your suggestions to the team slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's just static and noise on my Phone because it's transmitted too loud. Nearly blew a hole in my ear when I was placed on hold today.. perserving .

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Phoned customer services today and was enjoying the song being played does anyone have the updated playlist as I would like to get the song on Spotify.

1 suggestion you should definetly do up playlists of your hold music on Spotify. I'd follow them
Message 5 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143186 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
@Martin-O2 might be able to find out, I know Toby has in the past.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 11

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @MI5! @Anonymous I've sent you a PM so take a look when you get a minute wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 11

g7rpo
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can it be turned off?

Message 8 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143186 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Turn your volume down.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 11

g7rpo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

But then I miss when someone picks up

Message 10 of 11