cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Directories

Anonymous
Not applicable

how do you find them

I rang them last Saturday for the number of the Clinton card shop in Skipton at about 4pm

the young sounding man who answered was struggling to find the number

I suggested it may be listed as Clinton apostrophe 's'

he replied 'are you sure there they are in Skipton?'

well, this got me cross

yes I said, I've just been into the shop

he then found the number ..... & ..... of course asked the pre-requisite in some-such-like-words = can he put me through, to which I said no, but you can send me a text with the number, thank you

just not as good as the old BT Directory Enquiries

I needed O2 Directories because I had an immediate problem of no receipt of purchase in shop bag to prove no book of 1st class stamps in shop bag, & yes I did ask for a receipt

to finish, no-one answered the phone when I called anyway ..... I had to move quickly back to shop on the Saturday & again on the Sunday afternoon - to cut the story short I was right (as proved by the till roll) & I got my book of 12 x 1st class stamps

Result:- mouse of a woman = me, score 1 : 0 for the 'Saturday Girl' ..... = ..... the manageress impressed me, but why oh why do people leave phones ringing & ringing & ringing unanswered = it grates

in my day as an office worker = you picked up the phone & said something eg Good Afternoon, Clinton Card Shop Skipton, Nancy speaking, please wait/hold the line .....

WispaRed7 Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jane

I don't tend to use these services due to some having rather high connection fees etc.

O2's is "118 402 is the O2 Directory Enquiries service. It's £1 per min and includes:"

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/everything-else/directory-enquiries-numbers

Good old Google for me.
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
An unanswered ringing phone is one of my pet hates too Jane
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, BoB

Google is my friend too wink

but when you're 'out in the field' so-to-speak

& need a telephone number fast - my little Nokia 515 doesn't as far as I know have access to Google

& I am still scared of the Apps screen = it does things I'm not sure of (I don't want a secret big extra bill)

plus when I'm out & about yes I could take my laptop with me, I have a good enough cross body carry bag off Amazon for it, but again I'm somewhat clumbsy I have a fear of dropping the laptop or banging it into something

add to that, at this time of year, us women have long arms rather like orangutangs whith all the shopping we carry from town to home

& before you suggest it BoB slight_smile yes I do shop online = a lot

thank you

WispaRed7 tongue up there for thinking : down there for dancing

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

thank you for that MI5 :womanvery-happy:

Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

thank you for that MI5 :womanvery-happy:

I hate it also Jane....more so when it rings and rings...then conveniently cuts itself off...Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6