cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Customer Service is a misnomer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone please explain how this is ok for O2 to do to a customer of multiple years with 3 contracts and a perfect credit history:

1. I upgrade a phone with the assoicated new contract

2. O2 sends me the wrong phone

3. I spend over an hour online and on the phone to resolve it

4. The only possible O2 answer (after talking to 4 different people) is: I have to post the phone back and wait 5-7 days, then I call them (that's right, they won't contact me) and restart the process (all the while my new monthly contract has began the O2 system says my phone has been delivered and I am being charged accordingly).  They wouldn't do a door stop or store swap - WTF!  

So, in short, O2 mistake costs me over a week and it's entirely up to me to fix the whole thing.  Now that is a whole new low for 'customer service'! Crazy

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

You usually get a more favourable response by calling CS free on 202.

If the first advisor can't help, hang up and try again.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip - unfortunately I did both of those things, a number of times. To no avail...

Message 3 of 29

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

It seems a long-winded way round but it's obviously the O2 business process. They need the phone back before sending out a new phone. I thought they once did doorstep exchange although that was for replacement phones. If you've spoken to 4 different people it seems you need to follow their process or cancel and upgrade elsewhere.

Message 4 of 29

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the tip - unfortunately I did both of those things, a number of times. To no avail...

I hear you but I wouldn't settle for that myself - I'd be phoning until they got fed up of me.

Upgrading in store might be an idea for the future too wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get the feeling you may be right. I just find it unbelievable that the 'business process' is more important than the customer and rectifying a mistake that they made! 

Message 6 of 29

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I agree - It's a crazy concept in terms of customer satisfaction 😞

Currently using:
Message 7 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh dear what a mess.

Another reason why we suggest ,if convenient, upgrading in an O2 store.
Message 8 of 29

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

O2 certainly don't make the upgrade process easy. If something goes wrong it seems no one can take responsibility to put things right. Common sense disappears and 'process' has to be followed.

Message 9 of 29

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Totally agree bob (as I have also suggested it), BUT, it shouldn't have to be.
Online shopping these days is becoming the norm and O2 need a reliable system and a better mistake rectification process.... 😞

Currently using:
Message 10 of 29