cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Customer Service is a misnomer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone please explain how this is ok for O2 to do to a customer of multiple years with 3 contracts and a perfect credit history:

1. I upgrade a phone with the assoicated new contract

2. O2 sends me the wrong phone

3. I spend over an hour online and on the phone to resolve it

4. The only possible O2 answer (after talking to 4 different people) is: I have to post the phone back and wait 5-7 days, then I call them (that's right, they won't contact me) and restart the process (all the while my new monthly contract has began the O2 system says my phone has been delivered and I am being charged accordingly).  They wouldn't do a door stop or store swap - WTF!  

So, in short, O2 mistake costs me over a week and it's entirely up to me to fix the whole thing.  Now that is a whole new low for 'customer service'! Crazy

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Once this mess is sorted out, which it will be eventually, the OP needs to make sure that what he's being billed for at the moment without having the phone is adjusted accordingly. That will most likely involve yet another call to Customer Service, as by the sound of what has happened, I wouldn't leave it to be done automatically.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

And I always advise ringing CS again and again until you get a favourable response... You WILL get someone who gives a damn eventually..My personal experience backs this up...

I shop online for everything..it has its faults (computer says no)...but I work round any problems by speaking to someone at CS ..someone who has acquired the skill of listening...and acting accordingly wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it had been Amazon instead of o2 . . .  . we would not be discussing anything.

The really know how to do customer service online.

Message 14 of 29

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

If it had been Amazon instead of o2 . . .  . we would not be discussing anything.

Can't argue with that slight_smile

Message 15 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

And that has always been my experience @Anonymous . They don't always  get their delivery right...but a complaint via their 'Call us now' (where they call you back and pay for the call) is second to none.

I personally have never had a problem getting anything sorted /refunded/ replaced by Amazon..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I once had an item which got crushed slightly by the courier.

On contacting Amazon. They shipped out a new item which i received the next morning.

And they told me I could keep the damaged item. Presumably because it'll cost them and me time to ship back etc etc. Obviosuly not sure they would do this on a high price phone. But the principle was great.

Of couse they gained overall as I still buy stuff from them rather than others based on the good service they gave.

Seems obvious to me.

Message 17 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

You are right its not acceptable for this to take as long as it has. 

I do have some questions. 

Did you upgrade to a refresh deal? if you did you review your order online and accept the deal at this point so as to avoid the wrong phone going out in the first place. Did they then send you the wrong phone? If its a refresh deal then yes you would have to send the phone back, wait for the order to be returned and then reorder due to the CCA element within refresh.

if its a standard deal then in theory they can do a doorstep swap if needed and if you escalate then it should be easy enough to do.

Thanks 

Message 18 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure what you mean by Refresh Vs Standard - I had a sim only pay monthly, which I then 'upgraded' to a device and airtime contract.  I did review my order and confirmation email, both of them and the delivery slip say iPhone - but the box in the packet is a Samsung.  I don't really care about the details - I care that O2 have made a mistake and won't fix it!!  

Message 19 of 29

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It sounds like a Refresh deal then and an O2 employee has stated that the phone has to be sent back. Bit farcical to be honest.

Message 20 of 29