cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Credit Referrals...

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was refused an O2 contract due to failing the O2 credit check. I have an excellent credit history so after buying and checking my Equifax report and finding it has a high score raised the matter with O2 credit referrals (email only service). After waiting for the obligatory 5 days I got the non-specific and very vague response below. I asked someone else on this forum who reported similar credit check problems and they confirmed that they got the same response.

It seems then that even after the 5 day wait, all you get is an automated and unhelpful response. I've now sent in a customer complaint, but it really seems that once the O2 automated credit check has marked against you, it's extremely difficult to actually get a 'thinking' human being to look at the case and enter into a meaningful dialog that would help to resolve the mis-understanding.

Can anyone suggest how, or to whom I could address my enquiry more directly or tell me of any success stories in overcoming such problems?

Text of O2 reply:-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good afternoon

Thank you for your email about your application for service with O2.

O2 use a number of business policies to assess an application for service via an automated scorecard. Credit scoring produces consistent decisions and is designed to ensure all applicants are treated fairly. As many criteria are considered when assessing applications, it is unlikely that any one specific item would have meant that you did not meet our requirements.

Regards

Telefónica O2 UK Limited
Credit File Referrals (Uk)
Finance and Professional Services
Suite P, Arlington Business Centre LS11 0NE
f +44 (0)113 202 5865
www.o2.co.uk
Message 1 of 118
117 REPLIES 117

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Best of luck with your financial futures slight_smile
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 41 of 118

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

What a pointless waste of time. 

You got the answer you came here for, what's pointless about that?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 42 of 118

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93181 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I came here for help and all I've been offered is hand wringing and "I don't get paid for this". Well take my advise then, dont bother, you're just winding people up. I've finished with this pointless "forum". I'm off to the phone regulator. No more O2 products for me and I'll let everyone know who about my experience. Please don't waste your valuable un-paid time with a resoponse because I wnt be looking here again. Goodbye O2.

Message 44 of 118

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
•shoots self•
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 45 of 118

jonsie
  • 93181 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning O2,

This is Adithya Kortha, existing pay-monthly customer since 3 years. I am requesting you to re-check&update my credit file with O2.

2days before realised that i am unable to pass my credit check to take an additional line connection with O2.., then I requested O2 to know the reason  that 'whats wrong with my credit file with O2 even I am sincerely paying each and every month bills since last 3 years for my line rentals through Direct Debit without fail....! And 4 months before I have upgraded my contract with Phone. you can re-check my payment history  since 3 years to till now.

Its really dissappointing,  that I am failed to take additional Connection....which seems discouraging the regular & honest customers....actually  for my business purpose I must need minimum 2 additional connections with smart phones.But I really dissappointed with your decision on my request.

"Is this correct way to treat the honest and regular customer??"

I gave the referrance in my friend-circle to join with with O2, and also joined more than  60 Uni customers in  O2 to use the network...those are still using our network since more than 2years.

I am requesting you to recheck my bill payment transactions with our O2 network......and kindly approve my additional phone line.

Thank you,

aditya kortha,

Message 47 of 118

jonsie
  • 93181 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

As this is a customer forum you need to remove personal details and contact O2 directly. They will not respond through the forum.

Message 48 of 118

Anonymous
Not applicable
Exactly my situation, I've been with O2 for over 4 years, just tried to get another mobile contract as I needed a second line, was refused couldn't believe it, I score 999 on experian, never late paid never no financial problems. O2 are a disgrace, have 3 months till my contract I have with them expires, and I'm off.

I thought O2 were a good company, eyes have been opened.
Message 49 of 118

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
No one gets refused on a 999 score unless you've had multiple checks run in a short amount of time.....
or have you recently moved house, job or had other major change of circumstances?
Whatever is flagging for O2 to be suspicious will also flag when other networks credit check you, so make sure you can get another contract elsewhere before cancelling what you've got now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 50 of 118