cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Credit Referrals...

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was refused an O2 contract due to failing the O2 credit check. I have an excellent credit history so after buying and checking my Equifax report and finding it has a high score raised the matter with O2 credit referrals (email only service). After waiting for the obligatory 5 days I got the non-specific and very vague response below. I asked someone else on this forum who reported similar credit check problems and they confirmed that they got the same response.

It seems then that even after the 5 day wait, all you get is an automated and unhelpful response. I've now sent in a customer complaint, but it really seems that once the O2 automated credit check has marked against you, it's extremely difficult to actually get a 'thinking' human being to look at the case and enter into a meaningful dialog that would help to resolve the mis-understanding.

Can anyone suggest how, or to whom I could address my enquiry more directly or tell me of any success stories in overcoming such problems?

Text of O2 reply:-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good afternoon

Thank you for your email about your application for service with O2.

O2 use a number of business policies to assess an application for service via an automated scorecard. Credit scoring produces consistent decisions and is designed to ensure all applicants are treated fairly. As many criteria are considered when assessing applications, it is unlikely that any one specific item would have meant that you did not meet our requirements.

Regards

Telefónica O2 UK Limited
Credit File Referrals (Uk)
Finance and Professional Services
Suite P, Arlington Business Centre LS11 0NE
f +44 (0)113 202 5865
www.o2.co.uk
Message 1 of 118
117 REPLIES 117

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just trying to save the customer some time slight_smile

Message 111 of 118

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear 02.ordered two of you Sony Ericsson M2 Phone.
Having received no response to why I called you on the phone.
But you could not find my order and therefore was deleted.
Since the first arrested my order, but have not found so I had not have asthma but unfortunately has since been rejected twice re-assigned.
Since the first e-mail I received from you unfortunately has been deleted accidentally.
Therefore, I ask you to help find and e-mail me for my first order.

Message 112 of 118

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Since the first arrested my order, but have not found so I had not have asthma but unfortunately has since been rejected twice re-assigned.
Since the first e-mail I received from you unfortunately has been deleted accidentally.

You need to call cs. Numbers on link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 113 of 118

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @Anonymous 

Welcome to the community This is a customer to customer forum though and we are unable to help with account based issues. You need to get in touch with Customer services directly

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 114 of 118

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Now that's one telecon I would like to listen in on Bouncy

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 115 of 118

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Glad you can understand all that. I'm not sure if a phone, 2 phones or none have been ordered Thoughful

Message 116 of 118

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to continue

Your order can't be completed.

When you apply for an O2 contract we use business policies to check your application. This time, you didn’t meet our minimum level. To find out why, email CreditFileReferrals@O2.com.

MY ORDER WAS 

Apple iPad Pro 9.7 inch 256GB Gold

and i was refused.... why..?

I contract with O2 for about eight months and the card with a track record we have 2 years

Message 117 of 118

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Unfortunately we wouldn't know why you were refused credit.
You need to email as per the details in your post.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 118 of 118