cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Credit Referrals...

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was refused an O2 contract due to failing the O2 credit check. I have an excellent credit history so after buying and checking my Equifax report and finding it has a high score raised the matter with O2 credit referrals (email only service). After waiting for the obligatory 5 days I got the non-specific and very vague response below. I asked someone else on this forum who reported similar credit check problems and they confirmed that they got the same response.

It seems then that even after the 5 day wait, all you get is an automated and unhelpful response. I've now sent in a customer complaint, but it really seems that once the O2 automated credit check has marked against you, it's extremely difficult to actually get a 'thinking' human being to look at the case and enter into a meaningful dialog that would help to resolve the mis-understanding.

Can anyone suggest how, or to whom I could address my enquiry more directly or tell me of any success stories in overcoming such problems?

Text of O2 reply:-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good afternoon

Thank you for your email about your application for service with O2.

O2 use a number of business policies to assess an application for service via an automated scorecard. Credit scoring produces consistent decisions and is designed to ensure all applicants are treated fairly. As many criteria are considered when assessing applications, it is unlikely that any one specific item would have meant that you did not meet our requirements.

Regards

Telefónica O2 UK Limited
Credit File Referrals (Uk)
Finance and Professional Services
Suite P, Arlington Business Centre LS11 0NE
f +44 (0)113 202 5865
www.o2.co.uk
Message 1 of 118
117 REPLIES 117

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi and welcome to the Community

One option may be to offer to put a sum on deposit which remains on your account for a given period. If you are in a position to do so it may help swing it in your balance.

Good luck

It doesn't sound as though he has been given that option. It's not something I would agree to either, if I had to put down a big deposit I would just save a bit more and buy a phone sim free from elsewhere. Suits some people though in order to get an improved credit rating.

Message 91 of 118

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are most likely on the nail @jonsie but just trying to give the OP options to try. ☺
Message 92 of 118

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just O2 being O2 my advice avoid them, they will not tell you why. You will get no sense from them nor sympathy so please don't waste your time on it, they obviously don't want you as a customer (didn't want me too) there is plenty competition out there who will be only to pleased to do business with you.

I wish you luck.
Message 93 of 118

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi i cancelled my order with o2 due to a phone not beeing in stock on the same day i have tryed to order a new one and been decined can anyone help

Message 94 of 118

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi i cancelled my order with o2 due to a phone not beeing in stock on the same day i have tryed to order a new one and been decined can anyone help

Yeah, you need to wait a week before running a credit check again......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 95 of 118

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Successive credit checks have a detrimental effect on your file so you need to leave it a week as suggested.

Message 96 of 118

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the same problem for months. Nobody does nothing. £ 13 I owed in 2013 paid a bit late but now still on records as overdue. Useless! Irritating! And I regret I was with O2 for years. :(((

Message 97 of 118

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

Can you text me what email adress is for credit fail for o2. i finished contract with o2 2 years ago, i checked my credit score today and my account with o2 is dafult, i dont know why, because i paid everything.

Message 98 of 118

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You should start with CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 99 of 118

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous 

You need to call customer services and find out why the default is showing. It can be One of 2 things, either the final bill wasn't paid or the contract wasn't canceled.

Message 100 of 118