cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Boost For Weak Signals

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone and hope everyone's well and fine
I just wanted to ask that since alot or ppl on O2 been having signal problems why don't o2 give them a femtocell or signal boost Box I heard that Vodafone r giving it to its customers
And this is when u guys say use tugo app but that crashes most of the time
So is there any idea or anything that o2 can do or just wait for another whole year....
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I agree if someone wants to buy a boost box I don't see what difference it makes what plan your on but O2 seem to discriminate us in favour of their business customers
Message 21 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm on the 8gb data and unlimited mins and texts 4g
@Anonymous
Message 22 of 30

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
Calling over Wi-Fi has been supported for several years on Orange via UMA capable devices.

I would suspect, that unless Apple's version is iOS - iOS, then the networks will need to be involved somewhere to connect the call, and I also suspect that Apple will bully them in to supporting it.

ewan
Message 23 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's a good point they may make it iOS to iOS only
Message 24 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup someone needs to put there foot down at these networks lol
Message 25 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
I didn't consider that avenue which could be taken....

However, I really don't see Apple making Wifi calling spec only possible between iOS driven devices.

I don't recall seeing this mentioned in the recent Apple Keynote , in any notes or blogs since the keynote.

But you never know wink

If they did then the spec would be sever key throttled. 😞
Message 26 of 30

ewanrw
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
Remember you can already call over Wi-Fi on iOS using an app like Zoiper or Linphone, provided you have a SIP account in the background. More sophisticated apps are available too.

Guessing this is just Apple bringing it in house and making out it's brand new tech (UMA been around for 5/6 years). The plus side is it will work better and won't require an additional SIP number.

Anyway, the networks won't lose money, as people will still pay £40/month for their "free" phone, and if it's is similar to UMA, you still need a minutes package to use it.

Ewan
Message 27 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

What I'm after is the facility without needing to download another 'app' to use it.

Seamless as possible is my hope.
Message 28 of 30

ewanrw
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
Yeah, UMA is seamless, just needs to be supported by the network.

ewan
Message 29 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking forward to having this as and when.
Message 30 of 30