cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Are Charging £90 more for the iPhone 6 Plus 128GB than Apple Do

Anonymous
Not applicable
So it appears Apple are claiming in all of their deals that the Apple iphone 6 plus handset costs £879. In fact Apple charge £789 for this handset. O2 are therefore claiming £90 more. I have spoken to an agent online ( I have a screen shot) and they told me I was incorrect and that O2 match Apples prices. Having directed them to Apples website they admitted I was correct. Even the agent didn't realize O2 charge more for this. Has anyone else notices O2 are ripping off their customers? They can package it up as we have the best network of something similar but they should add the price on elsewhere not claim the handset is £879 when this isn't true.

Having been a customer of O2 for 8 years I am disgusted they would rip of their customers so blatantly. It's shocking. Maybe I am the only one who has noticed this or cares?
Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

Anonymous
Not applicable
A very good outlook to adopt slight_smile
Message 21 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was on phone chat with this issue too, I thought there was an error.

But yes, it's all about disposable income really. I was going to use finance to get the phone outright and pay over 8 or so months, but it worked out I would have paid £738 from Apple and £27 a month from 02 for 5GB of data and unlimited calls/texts.

So although 02 are charging £789, I iam only paying £23 a month for the same tarriff and I will pay it off in about 8 months or less, as I was planning with Apple. Only difference in the end was £40 or so, so over a few months I wasn't too bothered.

But yeah, disposable cash is the difference!
Message 22 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
The main difference of course between your choice of retailer is that o2 phones will bet locked to o2 whereas Apple handsets direct will be sim free and therefore unlocked.
Message 23 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
I double checked with 02 online and the agent, and both said the device will be unlocked.

If this is incorrect, then....
Message 24 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
No they won't be unlocked and typically hey won't unlock them For quite a few months.
Message 25 of 53

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They will definitely be locked and typically 6 months before they will unlock them.

Message 26 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
They will definitely be locked coming direct from o2.

If you buy from CPW they will lock to the first sim put in.

If you buy direct from Apple then they will be sim free
Message 27 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you obtain one from apple on a contract then I'm told they do lock out which is why they ask a person to insert the sim in the iPhone while in the store.

Ones on payg from apple don't lock out ever.
Message 28 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
No sorry, I am talking about being on 02 Refresh.

I was told that as soon as I pay the device off (no matter how many months), it can be unlocked. I have just finished reading a thread on this forum regarding the same thing for the 5s last year.

I did ask for the chat transcript to be sent to me by email, but not received it yet.
Message 29 of 53

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If I remember correctly they had to really push for the phone to be unlocked as they initially were not unlocking them officially at the time.

Message 30 of 53