cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Are Charging £90 more for the iPhone 6 Plus 128GB than Apple Do

Anonymous
Not applicable
So it appears Apple are claiming in all of their deals that the Apple iphone 6 plus handset costs £879. In fact Apple charge £789 for this handset. O2 are therefore claiming £90 more. I have spoken to an agent online ( I have a screen shot) and they told me I was incorrect and that O2 match Apples prices. Having directed them to Apples website they admitted I was correct. Even the agent didn't realize O2 charge more for this. Has anyone else notices O2 are ripping off their customers? They can package it up as we have the best network of something similar but they should add the price on elsewhere not claim the handset is £879 when this isn't true.

Having been a customer of O2 for 8 years I am disgusted they would rip of their customers so blatantly. It's shocking. Maybe I am the only one who has noticed this or cares?
Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I certainly won't be buying through O2 and am now looking at leaving them. I will wait for all networks to publish their deals for people who already have the phone like I will once I purchase it directly with apple. I will now gladly leave O2 once I find the best deal. Just a case of waiting to see the packages for people already with the phone.
Message 11 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to point out O2 seem to be the only network charging more for the handset. Everyone else seems to be sticking to the apple prices.
Message 12 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just ensure any other network gives you good signal where you live and work etc via testing them via payg SIM cards before you switch via a PAC code etc
Message 13 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh for sure. Thank you. My partner is on EE and has equally same signal as I do. Plus EE seem to be the preferred supplier to apple.
Message 14 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's good then.

Good luck with your phone and good luck with your network choices.

With EE you'll be able to use calling over WiFi too.
Message 15 of 53

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It's good that you have the choice. Unfortunately in their haste to secure the phone on preorder and launch day, people don't take the time to research. It's vital people do this because once you are in a two year contract it can be expensive to leave.

Message 16 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is true. I have my parents to thank me for this. I always research. Nor am I ever in urgent need of getting the latest thing. In this case the iPhone plus. I will happily wait a few months if I have too. The need to wave it around 'look I already have the new phone' to show off isn't something I crave to do. Luckily for apple and phone networks most do want to be able to do that and therefore slip up and pay shocking prices.
Message 17 of 53

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It's rare we have someone with your reasoning on here @Anonymous Most of the younger users indeed do want to flash and show off the latest model and use it as street cred and I find it sad that they don't research beforehand.

Message 18 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
This is true. I have my parents to thank me for this. I always research. Nor am I ever in urgent need of getting the latest thing. In this case the iPhone plus. I will happily wait a few months if I have too. The need to wave it around 'look I already have the new phone' to show off isn't something I crave to do. Luckily for apple and phone networks most do want to be able to do that and therefore slip up and pay shocking prices.

What a wonderful reasoned response. Some of us on here have been enraged at the need of some people to get this phone regardless of anything. (as you say probably to wave it around as a status symbol)...

You have restored some of my faith @Anonymous  LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
Haha. No I'm not like that. So what if someone has the new phone closer to launch day than I do. Doesn't bother me. Plus I don't get every new one. I usually buy one skip one as the phone usually have so little difference from one to the next I find getting every other one is usually better to benefit from the changes.
Message 20 of 53