cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 2G coverage in DE13 = no text or voice on a very regular basis

Anonymous
Not applicable

Regular status feedback to O2 always says 'service is working normally; no known problems'.

We are actually near the A38 between Lichfield and Burton-on-Trent and a number of businesses.

And this is only for 2G - although a recent text says we will get 4G 'soon'.

Will believe it if it ever happens although we will definitely change provider before then.

And they never reply or apologise.

Have just tried to put a message on here but couldn’t remember password. So they are sending a pin number – except they aren’t as there is no reception!! Great minds – but obviously not at O2 central.

Re-submitting as I got an 'error' message - 'Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.' I have not changed my message above - can anyone see any HTML in it??!! 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes bit of a no-go area for data but they are working on a mast at the moment. As for 4G, when it will arrive is anyones' guess! http://status.o2.co.uk/

DE13
Sorry we're currently working on a phone mast in this area

You might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails.

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Some problems with a new forum filter at the moment.
The geniuses are working on it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I live in Lichfield, my mum lives in Barton and whenever I'm passing to go to work or visit mum I drop to 2g here without fail. Get Edge without fail here that never works, hope they upgrade to 4G here soon as it's very frustrating! I imagine it's even more so if you live there - Mum's on O2 and doesn't bother with data as it's unusable when she's at home.

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes bit of a no-go area for data but they are working on a mast at the moment. As for 4G, when it will arrive is anyones' guess! http://status.o2.co.uk/

DE13
Sorry we're currently working on a phone mast in this area

You might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails.

Message 4 of 4