cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 7 - When Can I Order?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

So I appreciate that currently the preorders are taking priority, but does anyone know when the Note 7 is likely to be available to order via the website?

I see on Carphone Warehouse that you can order and it's showing delivery around 21st October.

It would be nice to have the option of ordering the Note 7 even if there is a wait time!
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

According to this article, the Note 7 will go back on sale on September 28, but that's in South Korea. Obviously they will have to fulfill the current pre-orders first, but I think that once it goes back on sale there will be few takers. It's now just damage limitation.

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/samsung/samsung-galaxy-note-7/23156/samsung-galaxy-note-7-release-date...

From what I can glean from the article, even though this is costing the company billions, they are prepared to write it off and to start concentrating on the next latest and greatest phone.

Edit: The article also says that if you haven't returned your phone for a replacement, Samsung will begin to remotely deactivate phones that are still in the wild on September 30.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As soon as o2 have cleared all the replacements.
At a guess new devices won't be shipped until early November.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Must admit, I think that's really poor.

Im guessing other providers like Vodafone are in the same boat and having to replace handsets, yet Vodafone, Carphone Warehouse, EE, etc. all still allow you to place a preorder on their website for the phone so that at least you're 'in the queue', so to speak.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As I said it was just a guess.
We all in the dark until o2 announce something official.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

According to this article, the Note 7 will go back on sale on September 28, but that's in South Korea. Obviously they will have to fulfill the current pre-orders first, but I think that once it goes back on sale there will be few takers. It's now just damage limitation.

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/samsung/samsung-galaxy-note-7/23156/samsung-galaxy-note-7-release-date...

From what I can glean from the article, even though this is costing the company billions, they are prepared to write it off and to start concentrating on the next latest and greatest phone.

Edit: The article also says that if you haven't returned your phone for a replacement, Samsung will begin to remotely deactivate phones that are still in the wild on September 30.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I've heard them mention deactivating the not replaced first batch a few times now.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im in the queue for a replacement, however it can't be replaced if there's no solid communication from o2 or Samsung as everyone is given different story's, which in turn has caused confusion and I find it frustrating for all the people waiting for a pre-order and until my phone amongst many others have been replaced this makes it totally unfortunate for everyone. I've spoken to customer service's on a number of occasions and I feel that all the different explanations they give is almost like they have no clue themselves, at one point I was told everyone was going to get a call from cs and it will be arranged for a doorstep replacement, which makes sense providing you are available. I feel there body's are at work but there mind has left the room because everyone is being advised different
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - it was an ok for just over a week - then I was told not to use it.  I sent mine back over 2 weeks ago and they acknowledge they have it when I use chat support.  But after getting contradictory information during multiple chats I am apparently still unable to cancel as I was advised I could.  One agent told me I should see a refund for the deposit and a refund of at least part of the device plan within a couple of days.  That was 5 days ago and after numerous excuses including I can only cancel by dialling 202.  And that would not provide me with a log of the call to ensure I have everything in text format.

I have complete logs for the chats with support from the time Samsung messaged to advise me to turn off the phone and wish to maintain 100% records as my confidence in O2 support has disappeared despite several years of being their customer.  Why is their customer support and PR so poor?  The issue with the Note 7 is not their fault, yet instead of reassuring customers, I have agents contradicting each other - that is the worst support of all - one agent says the phone was received and the 10 days to clear my account started then, so by now I should have seen the Device plan cleared.  Today when I queried why it was still not cleared, the agent said the 10 days started when I chatted on the 28th, 12 days after they received the phone...

I am seriously inclined to leave O2 after this time wasting episode - not because of the Note 7, but because their customer support is not fit for purpose - it took them 5 days to send me a returns label by email.  The phone seemed ok for the short time I had it, certainly the stylus was better than the original Note and the display is great.  The camera is not as good as the Sony Xperia range, but it is ok for most needs.

PS - I won't accept a replacement Note 7 as airlines are banning them and I have a long trip planned which will involve several flights.  And if I do want to ignite anything, a box of matches is cheaper than a Note 7...

Message 8 of 8