cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts from EE

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone having problems receiving text messages from EE users?  I'm receiving some but not all texts from EE users and it's driving me mad.  O2 say it's not them .....

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144333 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Could be any number of issues from network to phone.
Try taking your sim out and give it a wipe with a dry cloth.
Also check to make sure you haven't accidentally blocked the numbers or added them to spam list.
Sometimes, just simply restarting the phone can help too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could be the weather affecting the signal

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion, it's possible but the first text I didn't receive was Thursday last week, followed by 2 at the weekend and 2 yesterday - all from different people.  Very odd but will give the SIM a clean.

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the exact same problem!  Seems every other message gets through, but don't ever recevie the majority.  The EE person gets all of mine.  I've contacted O2 who say all the messages are being recevied by the O2 network so that's not the problem.  I was advised to do a sim swap as it was most likely a sim issue.  I've now done that and it seemed fine for the first few messages, then the same thing started happening again.  Downloaded the TU Go app to see what happened there, all messages come through fine on that but obviously uses WiFi or 4G, not the text allowance I pay for on my contract.  I'd rather use that than my data for messages.

Any ideas?  I'm at a loss now really.  Using an Xperia Z3 compact on android 6.  Issue didn't exist until after the most recent update, so wondering if it's an android issue?

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144333 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Why not try a firmware repair through Xperia Companion to see if it helps?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will give that a go, thanks
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, a full factory reset on my device hasn't resolved the problem.  Might it be a problem with the handset?  Very irritating 

Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144333 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Might also be an account problem.
Call CS and ask them to recheck your account.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11