cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 1020 My Review

Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all, a big THANK YOU to @Toby and O2 for letting me test and review the Nokia Lumia 1020.

Just to warn you all, I am not very good with writing reviews, but here goes!

I have never used a Windows phone before and must admit it took me a while to get used to it and find a way around it.

I have found that Nokia Lumia 1020 is easy to operate in one hand and it feels comfortable to hold.

The phone feels quite light even though it's not the thinnest phone out there.

Windows Phone 8 resides inside the Nokia 1020 and as I have mentioned before, I have never used a Windows phone so it was unfamiliar to me. The Windows operating system was definitely different to what I am used to with Android and iOS but that is not a bad thing.

The Live Tile runs without problems or difficulties and provides you with updates on Social sites etc.

The Live Tiles are customizable in size, so you can make them large or small and arrange them into clusters when you shrink them down. Very nice feature indeed.

Now, let's talk a little about the 41MP Camera.

The camera module in the Lumia 1020 is large and It's the first thing I notice when I take the phone out.

You'll also notice that the camera features a Xenon flash and LED light. I have found that the flash is powerful, too, so if you need to use it, you'll have a good range of coverage.

I must say, the camera on this phone is amazing and the pictures come out sharp and full of colours.

I love taking pictures of everything, especially my little children so to me, the good picture quality is a must and Nokia 1020 does not disappoint.

Using the internet was a smooth experience, did not come across any lag.

Call quality was very good. My mum and the husband sounded clear, even on lousdpeaker.

I have had no issues with the signal on this phone.

Music and sound quality is really good. I love listening to music and watch music videos on YouTube quite a lot and the sound is simply great slight_smile

The battery life is also good. The phone lasted about a day on full use, so not bad at all.

There is no memory card slot which is a shame really as I do  have a lot of pictures and have lots of albums on my current phone, so that's a big minus for me.

Also, the Windows store is limited for my needs and is lacking apps and games I use on my current phone. Another big minus.

Pros:

Great camera

Good battery life

Very good sound quality

Solid design

Nice, colorful display

Cons:

No expandable memory

Windows 8 limited on apps and games for my liking

Overall, I would give this phone 7/10 and I would get it only because of the camera and sound quality.

I would love to hear your thoughts. Feedback

Hope you enjoyed my review and again, big thanks to O2! Thanks!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122369 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Loved the review Adrianna. Very personal to you and this is just what I like reading.

I have heard  that the camera on this phone is excellent and you are confirming this.

Never thought of a Windows phone before. Good for you trialling something you are not used to..

Excellent and thank you again   wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much @Cleoriff , I really appreciate you taking the time to read my review and giving me a positive feedback slight_smile

About the camera. I was taking so many pictures, my daughter just kept saying: "Mummy, stop!" LOL.

At least the little man did not mind wink

Message 3 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122369 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So here is a real dumbo question from me? When you used the camera on the Nokia...how did you transfer the photos over to your own device to keep. Did you bluetooth them or back them up to transfer over?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a laptop with Windows 8 on it so used Sky Drive to upload the pics.

Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
A very nice review @Anonymous

The camera i agree is awesome.

It was just the camera module on the back that was a little large. Can't have such a rich spec camera with our it on that model I submit.

I see that more apps are becoming available for Windows which is a good positive move too.

Well done on your review. 😄
Message 6 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Lee.

I do agree about the camera module, but to be fair, it's wasn't a big deal to me.

Sadly, my apps are still unavailable on the Windows Phones so will stick with my Android for now wink

Message 7 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I kind of got used to curling my finger around the nodule 😄

Message 8 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Nice review slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi

I kind of got used to curling my finger around the nodule 😄

I wasn't too touchy with it grin

Message 10 of 24