cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Cyan firmware with Windows 8.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
As Nokia Cyan firmware with Windows 8.1 has now been released, any word when O2 (carrier) are set to release the firmware and o/s update in the UK
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

So, officially, the "lifecycle" of the 8.1 update began on 24th but this is different to the update actually being available. It is on a release schedule and will hit different locations at different times, and will last over many weeks. We are not aware of any UK specific details on the plans for 8.1 rollout but we of course have our ears to the ground and will be making a lot of noise here on the community once we have some solid info.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Until it's announced on here by admin we, as customers, can't really answer that.

Perhaps @Chris_K can help?

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Community O2 Forum.

Due to the Network wanting to check firmwares out before releasing them to 02 users to ensure they don't clash with their services and the user gets the best user experience with what they offer the Network does not give advance updates on dates of release, if released at all.

The Social Media Team from O2 usually update the forum when an update has been released ,so keep checking the forum by posts from one of the team called @Chris_K

Hope it's released for you soon. slight_smile
Message 3 of 14

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

So, officially, the "lifecycle" of the 8.1 update began on 24th but this is different to the update actually being available. It is on a release schedule and will hit different locations at different times, and will last over many weeks. We are not aware of any UK specific details on the plans for 8.1 rollout but we of course have our ears to the ground and will be making a lot of noise here on the community once we have some solid info.

Message 4 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions
Message 5 of 14

captainprice
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
I think nokia/microsoft would like to get both updates done by the end of august,but this does depend on the individual carrier when they release to the public
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this @Chris_K 

Nokia support have told me you are the ones who should know.

Message 7 of 14

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Any update on this @Chris_K 

Nokia support have told me you are the ones who should know.

Keep an eye open for an announcement coming from us soon around the new Windows Phone 8.1 software update, but what I can tell you just now though is that the Nokia Lumia 'Cyan' firmware will be a part of the 8.1 update that will be pushed out from us.

I'm unable to share further details or dates around this quite yet but I hope to soon

Message 8 of 14

captainprice
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
I hope soon means in the next couple of weeks and not the next couple of months for the cyan and final version of 8.1 update
Message 9 of 14

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Weeks? Yes. Months? Nope, not happening.

I know everyones anxious and wanting this update more than their next breath (okay, maybe not that much... maybe for some!) but trust me when I say I'm all over things on this end - I will update you all very soon!

Message 10 of 14