cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal in Cornwall again...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yet again, O2 fails to deliver the goods we pay for. In any other business sector, they would go to the wall, and deservedly so. After a complete loss of service down here a couple of months ago, and then the nationwide fiasco a few weeks ago, now we have been without a signal here for almost a week... I've been with O2 since the days of Cellnet Digital – a total of 17 years. I wonder why I bother to be a loyal customer. As a freelance journalist, I rely on my phone a lot, but this is hopeless...
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi Keith, 

I'm sorry to hear about the coverage issues you've had experienced 😞

I'm guessing the usual fault diagnostics must have been covered by now? (switching your mobile device off/on, giving your sim card a quick clean and trying sim in a different mobile handset, if possible). Just want to clarify, if you've been having issues in a particular area only? If so, what does our status checker show when you enter your local postcode on http://status.o2.co.uk ?

Happy to look into this a bit further, if you can provide some more info and confirm if you're aware of any others impacted at the same location as well?

Thanks

Abs

Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
The signal is restored when I enter an area receiving coverage from another mast. All other O2 users in my town are without service,too. The status checker shows there is fault but we are (well, I am especially) getting tired of constant problems with loss of signal here in the PL22 area of Cornwall. Sadly, I am tempted to move to Orange because of the superior coverage in the West Country – but I don't want to unless I really have to. Over the last two or three months, it seems we've been without a signal more times than with. Like I say, no fun when I rely so much on my mobile...

I am also slightly annoyed that there no longer seems to be an opportunity to 'talk' on-line with an O2 representative – when we had problems two months ago, both myself and my girlfriend talked via on-line chat and both of use were awarded credits on our accounts – I'd rather have a decent, reliable signal, though...
Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why does it show the word 'Success' above my post?
Message 4 of 20

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

hmm, okay. Could you please drop me a PM with your full postcode, so I can dig some more info around the issue at your local exchange/ cell-site.

With regards to the web-chat, you should be able to access it via this link - 

http://j.mp/O2Help

Thanks

Abs

Message 5 of 20

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Why does it show the word 'Success' above my post?

that's just a confirmation message to tell you that your comment on the thread has been successfully posted.

Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
PM sent – many thanks.
Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Re: the chat option, just discovered that it doesn't show when using Mac Safari as a browser, but does when I swap to Firefox... Bl≠≠dy computers!
Message 8 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have just spent the last week in the Lizard area and the coverage has been very poor. The Mullion area is particularly bad. It is not very good when you have to walk around the village to receive texts and missed calls looking for an area of good reception.

Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have only recently aquired a new handset and O2 was recommended.  Previously I was with Orange.  I am unable to use my phone in the PL23 area.  Will this continue?  Should I revert to Orange?  Please anyone out there advise.

Message 10 of 20