cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been unable to make calls or send texts properly for over the past 4 days and like others have been told by live chat that there is nothing wrong, where there so obviously is! I pay for 30 days service in my monthy tarriff not 26!! Why cant O2 be transparent about this instead of leaving it to the customers to do the running!!!? Do you have customer service standards? I havesent my email of complaint and would urge others to do the same, I wonder, wouldnt a better approach  to send us a text if a mast goes down or is being upgraded to give us an idea of what is going on and for how long? Or would this mean that you would pay more in refunds for lack of service? 

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

From various reports on the community there appears to be a nationwide problem with congestion but nothing official from O2. I myself have noticed a much weaker signal than previously when travelling in my region.

Message 21 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie...and really galling when my son and grandson (on EE) never have a problem

Something has to be done about this with O2 surely? When I joined many years ago they offered the best coverage of all the networks. Sadly, not the case now Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
EE were known to be one of the worst for voice calling signal now it seems to have changed round not good 😞
Message 23 of 41

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I have long since stopped recommending O2 to family and friends. One has just changed to EE and another to Vodafone, both of which give better coverage in their home location.

Message 24 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

My service suddenly stopped at 9.25am yesterday while I was having a text conversation with my daughter. I checked online & there was no fault recorded.

I then spent 1hr online to an O2 guru doing various things to my phone settings. Eventually he decided that the problem was my 7wk old sim card & a new one is on it's way. However I now discover people in my area were also having problems & the site now says a mast in my area is down. Coincidence?

I'm afraid I no longer have any trust in O2 after being with them for many years  😞

Message 25 of 41

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 26 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
No it isn't! Really wish I hadn't paid for an early upgrade recently but this is a difficult area for other providers.
Message 27 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought O2 were now sharing Vodafone masts so it should be better not worse something's obviously gone wrong somewhere
Message 28 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
I understood it to be that voda and O2 have their own equipment on the masts.

Probably hot wired ours to nick signal. wink
Message 29 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous o2 and Vodafone are sharing "some" masts but not all. The Beacon Project (where o2 and Vodafone engineers are upgrading sites to 4g) continues apace. O2 are doing the North and Vodafone the South.

Where there is an opportunity to share a mast and thus decommission one then they will to save costs. In the future all o2 and Vodafone masts are expected to come under Beacon but that doesn't mean every mast will have both o2 and Vodafone cells on them.
Message 30 of 41