cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 3G support for HTC HERO??!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
####

Just bought a brand new HTC Hero, unlocked in white and am being told by O2 that they do not directly support this phone so I cant get 3G at all unless I some how get the settings from HTC themselves!!??

####
Message 1 of 87
86 REPLIES 86

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use a Nexus one and for the life of me can not get it to connect to 3G I have tried all the settings posted but nothing latches on don't get an E or 3G or even G nothing shows up.
I am on the Text & Web bolt on which I think is apart of the simplicty for Pay & Go.
Message 81 of 87

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just wanted to post a reply to tell you that these setting worked a dream on my HTC wildfire. Thank you very much for your help. Contacted 02 who couldnt help me, but sent me to Tesco customer services.
I had bought my HTC wildfire online through Addition Direct. The phone was locked to Vodafone. I had this unlocked immediately. I then put my 02 sim into the phone which worked to make and receive phone calls but not for the internet.
These settings are a blessing. You really dont know how happy you have made me feel.
Thanks again.
Message 82 of 87

Anonymous
Not applicable
how do you set one as 'default'?
Hi,
When you set the settings which one do you set as Default with the Green Spot next to it?
Thanks slight_smile
Message 83 of 87

Anonymous
Not applicable
htc desire hd o2 payandgo web/mms setting
NAME:mobile web
APN:payandgo.o2.co.uk
PROXY.not set
port.notset
USERNAME.payandgo
password:password ( i think its password)
server.not set
mmsc. not set
mms proxy. not set
mms port. not set
mms protocol.wap 2.0
mcc.234
mnc.10
authenication type.none
apn.default

SAVE THAT AND ADD A NEW APN

NAME.o2 mms prepay
APN.payandgo.o2.co.uk
PROXY.not set
port.not set
USERNAME.payandgo

password:password ( i think its password)
server.not set
mmsc.http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
payandgo settings that work lol
mms proxy. 193.113.200.195
mms port. 8080
mms protocol. wap 2.0
mcc.234
mnc.10
authentication type. none
apn type.mms
menu save done press dot next to mobile web
Message 84 of 87

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bought a brand new (sealed and everything) phone off some guy on Craigslist, called Sprint to get cell phone spy it activated, but they said it was reported "stolen," and thus cannot be activated. Tried to get in contact with the guy -- no answer. Is there any other way to activated it? maybe rooting it will do? Sprint CS said they cannot do anything with the phone, cannot even replace it; HTC said the same. Any ideas how I can exchange this phone for another one through Sprint or possibly unlock it?
Message 85 of 87

Anonymous
Not applicable
none of these worked for me for MMS with my HTC Hero (gsm) aka HTC G2 Touch on O2 pay and go. The settings below worked:
Name: O2 PrePay Web/MMS
APN: payandgo.o2.co.uk
Proxy:
Port:
Username: payandgo
Password: password
Server:
MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
MMS Proxy: 82.132.254.1
MMS port: 8080
MCC: 234
MNC: 10
Auth Type:
APN protocol: IPv4
Only requires 1 APN setting, which does both mobile web and MMS together. Most posts on this thread list them seperate for some reason. The MMS proxy of 82.132.254.1 is the only 1 i could get MMS working with.
Message 86 of 87

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just an update for anyone wondering how to change between E/G and H/3G. Firstly, make sure you're in a 3G coverage area; you're not going to get any if there's none there.
Secondly, you might need to check if your simcard is 3G capable. I got mine with an iPhone 2 years ago so I don't know how old they have to be to not have that capacity, but most new ones should have no problem.
Thirdly and most importantly, go Settings > Wireless and networks > Mobile networks > Network mode. GSM is 2g, WDCMA is 3G.
Message 87 of 87