cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next,Day Delivery

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday ( Thursday ), I decided to buy a phone online after seeing the " next day delivery if you order before 10pm " notice. By 1pm today ( Friday ) when I still had no email to say it was dispatched I contacted a " guru " who informed me that I wouldn't receive it till probably Monday. 

Then told me I couldn't cancel my order because it had been processed.

After talking to a guy on the phone I was assured I would get it on Saturday and he would phone back in 20mins to let me know what time I would get it. That was 4hrs ago. 

I am soooo angry.

Message 1 of 88
87 REPLIES 87

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I can well understand the OP's annoyance. Sometimes it's not just a case of waiting in for a phone, it may mean making alternate arrangements for work or wasting a day's holiday only to find you have to do the same thing on another delivery date.

I stay at home all day for a Bt engineer and he doesn't arrive I would be angry....

Message 31 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your view. The main reason I am angry is because o2 clearly state " NEXT DAY DELIVERY "!!! 

If I got an email or a phone call saying I am sorry but there has been a problem a problem with your order an we can't deliver till Monday, we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience, I would have thought ok these things happen. Don't promise things you can't deliver.

Message 32 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I agree ~ Communication is key !
Message 33 of 88

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Absolutely agree with that @Anonymous ......Happening far too often with O2....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with the fundamentals. Next day delivery should be just that. And if it isn't then it is frustrating.

But the comment "bye bye o2 welcome tescomobile" (whilst absolutely it is the op's choice where to buy from) is not likely to get them a phone any quicker than waiting until Monday (unless they go into store). Combine that with the inherent hassle of sending the o2 phone back, billing issues, lost handsets (we've had that before) and ever more stress, my point was "put it into perspective".

If the o2 deal is good then wait til Monday.
If Tesco do a better deal then consider your options.

Just bear in mind the inherent issues that may follow as we have seen these before. Trying to help here not hinder.
Message 35 of 88

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144301 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
The thread is about delivering on promises and nothing else.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
The OP added further comments @MI5 that were certainly worthy of comment and debate in order to assist them.

I feel my posts were both valid and factual and intended to assist.
Message 37 of 88

alibongo54
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am now getting worried reading this thread!  I ordered on Tuesday about 11am and still have no tracking number and I need my tablet by 3pm on Friday as I leave for a holiday!

I called 02 yesterday for a tracking number and was told they would locate it and call me back and I am still waiting for a call.

I was told it would be being sent by Royal Mail and although they say "next day" delivery they do ask for me to wait 3 days...  how is that next day delivery then?????

Feel let down at the moment and worried it will be delivered whilst I am away!

Message 38 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi alibongo54

I can understand your concerns.

Have you checked your spam box as they sometimes go into that.

Link on tracking is here http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to-track-your-order#qs

I would suggest you call them again as it can depend sometimes on the agent you speak to and their competency.

Let us know how you get on and good luck.
Message 39 of 88

alibongo54
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, Yes I check spam daily and nothing there, just spoken to Danny on Chat and he confirms the order was completed yesterday.

I ordered via Open Events team so maybe its done differently but last time I ordered via them I got a text message and emails and a tracking number - I guess processes change.

Thanks

Alison

Message 40 of 88