cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next,Day Delivery

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday ( Thursday ), I decided to buy a phone online after seeing the " next day delivery if you order before 10pm " notice. By 1pm today ( Friday ) when I still had no email to say it was dispatched I contacted a " guru " who informed me that I wouldn't receive it till probably Monday. 

Then told me I couldn't cancel my order because it had been processed.

After talking to a guy on the phone I was assured I would get it on Saturday and he would phone back in 20mins to let me know what time I would get it. That was 4hrs ago. 

I am soooo angry.

Message 1 of 88
87 REPLIES 87

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Its absolutely shocking. Anywhere else I shop online and am told its next day delivery it is. O2- Don't advertise something that you cannot do!!! 

We hear you...problem is that O2 don't!

Message 21 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know. I was so angry I had to come on here. Never usually complain about anything but feel people should know what o2 are like 

Message 22 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are very good at being sounding boards slight_smile

We all deserve to vent once in a while. wink
Message 23 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know .. Its good to talk Confused

Message 24 of 88

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

And of course we can listen, sympathise and hopefully give you advice wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 88

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
But not fix it, in this case 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whilst i appreciate the OP's annoyance, and he/she has every right to make their views known, i can't help but think this is a bit over the top.

Its a phone, not a life saving Op. If you decide to change to Tesco Mobile unless you do the contract in a store that has a phone shop and collect the phone at the same time you still won't get a phone until probably Tuesday now.

I suspect the issue was that o2 had a lot of orders on the day and they didn't get to them all. But it really isn't a big deal.

Sorry if the OP doesn't agree and i have no intention of offending but put it into perspective.
Message 28 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
Piperdog123 said "Whilst i appreciate the OP's annoyance, and he/she has every right to make their views known, i can't help but think this is a bit over the top.

Its a phone, not a life saving Op. If you decide to change to Tesco Mobile unless you do the contract in a store that has a phone shop and collect the phone at the same time you still won't get a phone until probably Tuesday now.

I suspect the issue was that o2 had a lot of orders on the day and they didn't get to them all. But it really isn't a big deal.

Sorry if the OP doesn't agree and i have no intention of offending but put it into perspective."

Fully understand it's a phone but we don't know the reasons why one was ordered. Perhaps the persons phone at the moment is glitching or faulty so a replacement is required swiftly.

Anyone can get caught up in the 'high' of a shopping experience ,and when something is listed as 'next day' then you get excited to be receiving it ,and can be a big downer when it does not happen.

Frustration creeps in and the initial high and excitement is marred.

That's my take on this situation slight_smile
Message 29 of 88

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I think the OP has every right to be very annoyed about the phone not turning up as it should.

If you order something for 'Next Day Delivery' then the company are duty bound to meet that criteria.

If they don't then that is a complete failure on their part.

As we know this is happening with O2 all too frequently.

I am not sure I would be in a rush to go elsewhere as yet..... I personally would be more inclined to 'hammer' the phone to O2 ..until I got what I wanted....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 88