cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract query

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've ordered the iphone 6 on the 12th(new O2 customer) which has arrived in my local store on Friday. I'm away till Monday morning so won't be collecting till Monday afternoon.

I've just received my first bill notification and my new mobile no when I log into my O2.

Is this correct? As I haven't technically set up the phone and activated the sim yet.

Thanks
Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

For your first O2 bill you are charged for the first couple of days connection, until the billing date, and then one month in advance.

Payment date is always 2 weeks after the billing date.

Your allowances will also be split during the initial few days, so allowances will be devided by 30 days times the number of days until your O2 bill is produced.

O2 Customer service on 202 will be able to officially clarify.
Message 4 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Any over Payments will be credited back to your account. Call O2 on 202 if this happens and they'll sort it for you.
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you mean overpayments?

So I might be in credit by the time I get my second bill in October?

First payment is due on the 4th of October. I assume bill 2 will be 4th of Nov and so on...

Also is it normal to have a mobile no before sim is activated?

Sorry might be dumb questions, this is the 2nd time I've set up a mobile contract. I'm currently with diabolical EE(will get a PAC code to trsf my no) which I've been with 6+years . So can't remember what happens on start of contract.
Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

For your first O2 bill you are charged for the first couple of days connection, until the billing date, and then one month in advance.

Payment date is always 2 weeks after the billing date.

Your allowances will also be split during the initial few days, so allowances will be devided by 30 days times the number of days until your O2 bill is produced.

O2 Customer service on 202 will be able to officially clarify.
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Thanks again. Makes sense. I don't mind paying haha that's not the issue. I was just wondering if this was all correct slight_smile
Message 5 of 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23079 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

Your contract and billing details get set up when you order and pay for your phone. The phone is available for you to collect. O2 have fulfilled their end of the agreement. It's now your responsibility to collect the phone. If you never picked it up, you'd still be billed for it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I'm sure all will be fine.
Message 7 of 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23079 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

Until you ask EE for your PAC you will be paying for two contracts. Once you give your PAC to O2, EE will then raise a final bill for however much you still owe them. If you pay EE by Direct Debit, don't cancel that until your final bill with EE has been settled.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whats the difference between a PAC and PUK?
Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pac is to take your number to another network.

Puk is hard to unblock your SIM card if I've imputted the sim unlock code in too may times.
Message 10 of 21