cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account for new sims

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm posting this here just to make sure that the outcome of the very unsatisfactory session with the O2 online chat service is really true - I find it hard to believe.

I wrote the question:

"When I sign on to My 02 it gives me information about a telephone xxx. At the start of January I lost my travel wallet containing iphone and ipad sim cards. These were replaced by yyy (iPhone) and zzz (iPad). How can I have these two numbers and accounts appear on my o2 page?"  (I have replaced the actual numbers with x, y and z)

After a lengthy discussion, going round and round in circles, I established that if you have your sims/phones stolen and get a new sim, you have to set up a new account with a different email address and in my case, since I have two cards, two different email addresses!

It's bad enough that I have to set up two different accounts for two devices, but surely O2 can think of some way for customers to continue with at least the same username/email address?  Do they really expect people to have multiple email addresses?

I live in France but travel regularly to the UK and use my O2 sims when in the UK.  I like to check my balance and top up before each trip (and before I have put the UK sim in my devices).

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

The 2 new sims will have logins automatically set up by O2 - you may ned to give CS a call in order to get these if you don't know them.

Now, log in to your preferred account, for the now dead number, and on MYO2 there is a button that says 'Link accounts' - now just type in the details CS gave you for the new sims.

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

What you're asking for makes sense - and it is in fact what O2 do!

If you have a main account, say for number X - the username is your email and password is your preferred password. Then if you get another number, Y, you can link this account up to account X with the preferred username and password.

It doesn't matter if you lose the sim card for Y, it doesn't affect the MYO2 account which is linked onto X. The Sim card is always independent of the account, we can activate and deactivate them at any point for a number.

Do you have login details for accounts XXX, YYY and ZZZ as you mentioned above?

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

No I don't have login details for all three numbers - only for the, now dead, number xxx.  The help I sought was how to create accounts for the new sim numbers yyy and zzz without using new email addresses, and then to be able to link the two live numbers on the my02 account.

I cant be the first person to lose my phone/sim card and it seems strange there is no obvious path to what to do.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

The 2 new sims will have logins automatically set up by O2 - you may ned to give CS a call in order to get these if you don't know them.

Now, log in to your preferred account, for the now dead number, and on MYO2 there is a button that says 'Link accounts' - now just type in the details CS gave you for the new sims.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah, that's the problem.  No logins automatically set up by 02.

Giving them a call is easier said than done 😞  No numbers on the website and I live in France (where I use different sims)  and wanted my MyO2 in order so I could check credits before my next (regular) visit to the UK.  This is something I could do easily with Vodafone, my previous phone supplier.  I suppose I will have to wait till my next visit to the UK (sigh).  

So much for doing my business online.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, and it still does not explain why the online chat person said I needed three different email addresses for the three different numbers!

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately online chat advisors generally aren't very good.
Message 7 of 7