Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Tariffs 26th Feb to Include Unlimited Texts

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions
This has been posted in the iPhone forum previously, so I am posting it in the General forum, just to let everyone know that there is a new range of tariffs available from the 26th February when you will be able to check them on line.

If there is anyone thinking of changing tariffs, it may well be worth while waiting until that date to check out the best one for yourself. Having said that, there may be present tariffs that won't be available. O2 normally honour these contracts to existing customers.

Either way, it may well be advisable to carefully consider your options. The new tariffs are, according to someone 'in the know', along the lines of the Vodaphone offers and some will include unlimited texts.
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why would I choose the smartphone 18 month tariff and not the standard 18 month tariff? The standard one has 300 mins and the smartphone has 100 mins, both have the web included. All for the same £30. Bizarre.

Also why no web bolt on option on the simplicity 20 tariff?
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
MMS are no longer included within your text allowance and are charged at 20p each. Voicemail access will also be deducted from your minutes.
Message 3 of 20

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
voicemail 901 was free not deducted from mins before.

Still free on the new business tariffs and on iphone tariffs with vvm part of the data allowance.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
According to the terms underneath the Sim Only packages they are.....

Inclusive text
Your inclusive text allowance can be used for UK text, picture, video or roaming messages. 1 picture or video texts sent is equivalent to 4 text messages. 1 text message sent from abroad is equivalent to 4 text messages.
Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Inclusive text
Your inclusive text allowance can be used for UK text, picture, video or roaming messages. 1 picture or video texts sent is equivalent to 4 text messages. 1 text message sent from abroad is equivalent to 4 text messages.

The problem is, the tariffs have 'unlimited' texts now, not 'inclusive' texts. O2 really need to sort their website out, that phrase is very misleading.
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm currently on an 18month contract,paying £35 plus £10 insurance. 500 texts isn't enough!
I don't want to buy a bolt on as my monthly bill will be over £50.
02 don't switch us over to the new tariff, correct?
What's our/my options?
Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 will not change existing tariffs however you will need to move to one of the new ones when you upgrade. The only tariff that comes with inclusive web/data are the iphone tariffs or online ones. Having just upgraded my iphone to a palm pre I had to take one of the new smart phone tariffs but did it via retentions and opted for the £35pcm and got them to include the web/data bolt on. Also got the pre for free along with the charging dock also for free.

I personally dont think the new tariffs are as competative as the old ones which to be honest were much better oh and also the ITS service is now a £3 bolt on and is only included free for iphone users.
Message 8 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
According to the terms underneath the Sim Only packages they are.....
Inclusive text

O2 have not updated the website fully yet, the full T&Cs now state that all MMS will cost 20p each on these new tariffs.
Message 9 of 20

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
its is on tariffs on pay monthly 18/24 month above 300 mins and by the looks of it 600 mins on simplicity see my comment here viewtopic.php?t=36469&start=15
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 10 of 20