cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PAYG tariffs

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just received a text message advising me of the new tariffs being introduced on 7th May 2015. Full details are included in the following link:

http://s.o2.co.uk/PricingB/solfIT

Although out of bundle charges have gone up, the increased allowances and the introduction of 4G at the £10 price point, make this a better option than some of the current pay monthly deals. Am I missing something? Or can someone tell me if the pay monthly deals are changing as well?

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yep hence why I said "effected bundles".
Pay and go go go is obsolete now so better allowances can be had by switching tariffs.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 41 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Yep hence why I said "effected bundles".
Pay and go go go is obsolete now so better allowances can be had by switching tariffs.

Well that tariff was before my time. In fact, I thought there was something wrong with daggy's keyboard Smiley Very Happy

Message 42 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

And I agree totally...only commented because the new poster didn't appear to want to change and expressed concern..

When I was PAYG I was encouraged by CS to change to a so called better tariff. It wasn't better for me and my individual needs....I couldn't change back. As a result I moved to contract.... ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 43 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

And I agree totally...only commented because the new poster didn't appear to want to change and expressed concern..

Well that's the problem with the written word, because I interpreted that post as asking if they needed to opt in, to change to the better tariff:

"If we don't opt-in do we stay on the Pay and Go Go Go rates, which will be less generous than big bundles after 7 May?"

But I wrongly assumed he was on the same kind of tariff as me. So yes, you do have to opt in.

Message 44 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

You are right ...I am wrong and admit it. On that note i shall clear off and watch Formula 1 Qualifying...it will make my head ache less I am sure... Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 48

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
So, the answer is, yes you have to opt in by changing to a "Big Bundle".
https://www.o2.co.uk/freesim/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 46 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everybody. Up to now the Pay and Go Go Go tariff has been better than the Big Bundles, i.e. for £10 p/m I get 150 minutes, unlimited texts and 500 mb. The £10 Big Bundle only gives 100 minutes and 1000 texts, so it would have been stupid to change to a Big Bundle.

Now that BBs are improving I can get 250 minutes p/m, and 1000 texts is plenty for me.  Plus, it will now include 4G, so I will be changing to the £10 BB after 7 May. 🙂 Thanks again.

Message 47 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Got there in the end @Anonymous  Pleased it helped you choose. Best of luck with the new tariff in May.:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 48 of 48