cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PAYG tariffs

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just received a text message advising me of the new tariffs being introduced on 7th May 2015. Full details are included in the following link:

http://s.o2.co.uk/PricingB/solfIT

Although out of bundle charges have gone up, the increased allowances and the introduction of 4G at the £10 price point, make this a better option than some of the current pay monthly deals. Am I missing something? Or can someone tell me if the pay monthly deals are changing as well?

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You get 1500 minutes for £20 from next month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are Pay and Go Go Go customers being changed to the new big bundles automatically, or do we have to opt-in? If we don't opt-in do we stay on the Pay and Go Go Go rates, which will be less generous than big bundles after 7 May?

Message 33 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Are Pay and Go Go Go customers being changed to the new big bundles automatically, or do we have to opt-in? If we don't opt-in do we stay on the Pay and Go Go Go rates, which will be less generous than big bundles after 7 May?

The usual practice has been that people stay on their old tariff until it is phased out. Once they are gone then it will be a new tariff change. Also once you opt for the new tariff...you cant go back to the old one...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 48

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

On Pay and Go you can choose any tariff available, or as Cleo says stay on the one you have.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 35 of 48

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I think in this case it will be an automatic change if you are already on one of the effected bundles.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 36 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
This was how the original SMS from O2 explained it:

Renew your £10 Big Bundle from 7 May 2015, and we'll supercharge it.

We'll throw in an extra 150 minutes a month, on top of your existing allowance, still for £10 a month. And you'll get 4G for no extra cost.
Some out of bundle prices are changing too. To find out more call 2202 free. Or visit http://s.o2.co.uk/PricingB/solfIT
Message 37 of 48

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
As I understood it too.... ^^^

Currently using:
Message 38 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

My reply .was to the new OP in post 34...who is on Pay and Go Go Go.

I gave reassurance that they wouldn't just be changed to the new tariff...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

My reply .was to the new OP in post 34...who is on Pay and Go Go Go.

I gave reassurance that they wouldn't just be changed to the new tariff...?

Sorry, I didn't realise we were talking about an older tariff Smiley Embarassed

But to be honest, it would make sense to switch to the newer tariff, to get the increased allowances, and access to 4G.

Message 40 of 48