cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PAYG tariffs

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just received a text message advising me of the new tariffs being introduced on 7th May 2015. Full details are included in the following link:

http://s.o2.co.uk/PricingB/solfIT

Although out of bundle charges have gone up, the increased allowances and the introduction of 4G at the £10 price point, make this a better option than some of the current pay monthly deals. Am I missing something? Or can someone tell me if the pay monthly deals are changing as well?

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Some of our members have been saying recently that PAYG now seems to be a better option  than contract.

(Depending on your personal requirements of course) slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 48

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I think in hindsight I should have posted this question in "Discussions & Feedback", as it's one of those situations that's always likely to divide opinion,

I'd like to move it if you're good with that @Anonymous 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 22 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @Toby that would be appreciated.
Message 23 of 48

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Done
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 24 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just been notified that my PAYG tarriff has to be changed, fine, but on looking at new tariffs, how can O2 justify charging me the same monthly amount that I have paid for the last 2 years for less minutes and texts - completely unfair, now considering changing service provider. Very annoyed - I am losing 100 minutes per month and getting no reduction also not unlimited texts A completely fed up with 02 - so much for being a loyal customer
Message 25 of 48

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 26 of 48

la7
Level 4: Observant
  • 181 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They are giving more mins and text look at the link in the first post on the big bundles tariff

Message 27 of 48

la7
Level 4: Observant
  • 181 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 big bundles now look better option than Asda mobile (not better than stadard rate 8p with no bundle) https://mobile.asda.com/pages/bundles which is good the only extra thing you gain on asda mobile is HD VOICE but no 4g as per all ee mvnos

Message 28 of 48

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am now confused after reading some of your replies, at the moment I am on pay as you gogo tarrif, 500 minutes, 1GB, unlimited texts - £20 per month, to change which I have been told to do which will now take effect from 8 may as this is when my anniversary date is! the best I could get is 400 minutes, 4000 texts, 2gb data, which is fine, but I'm used to getting 500 minutes , therefore I am down 100 minutes where does this extra minutes come into ie, 400 becomes 1000 minutes??
Message 30 of 48