cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New O2 Customer and Not Happy!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon,

I am a new O2 customer. I was looking on the O2 site and was going to place an order but got distracted so I didn't complete it. I received a call the following day from O2 asking why I had decided not to complete my order. I told him why I hadn't and he asked me if I would like to discuss a deal now, I said ok and he proceeded to offer me a Samsung Galaxy Mini S3 on a £21.50 a month tariff plus a £3 data bolt on. He said the phone was free. He explained the tariff came with 300 mins and unlimited texts but should I require more I could change the tariff at a later date to any of the tariffs listed on the Webster.

Well I got the phone and gave it to the wife but I decided to cancel my Vodafone contract and use the O2 sim that came with the phone. I ordered a Micro Sim for my iPhone and was really pleased with the reception in my are as Vodafone had always been very poor, hence the reason I left.

I then realised that as I was going to be using this contract as my main line that I would have to up the tariff to get some more minutes and data. I looked at the tariffs and decided that an unlimited tariff would be best for me and was very happy to pay the £36 per month.

I called customer services to do this but was informed that the tariff I had been put on originally was in fact a bonus tariff and that I only had a choice of three, with the top one being 600 mins and unlimited texts for £26 per month and for 1gb of data I would have to pay £10 per month. So that's £36 for 600 mins, unlimited texts and 1gb of data! That in my opinion is a shocking deal and I was definitely not informed of this at the time of joining.

This deal is a lot more expensive than what I was paying before and I was getting a lot more for my money. I joined O2 in good faith, but overtime I have called customer services their attitude and willingness to help has been very disappointing to say the least. I want to UP my tariff, not downgrade it! You would have thought they would have been happy to help.

I have been told that had I not been a bonus tariff customer I could have any tariff I wanted, but I didn't ask to be a bonus customer. I think its very sad that O2 really couldn't care less and that the attitude is now they have me tied in for 24 months it is my problem and not their's.

I have tried e-mailing the complaints e-mail address 3 times but had no reply. I have written in to their complaints department also and no reply.

I'm sorry to go on I just think it's sad that O2 don't seem to care about their customers at all.

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pablo has helped me out big time and has sorted my problem. If only all O2 staff were like him. A true gent. Thank you very much Pablo. My faith in O2 has been restored.
Message 9 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I have never heard of a bonus tariff 😞

Because its a contract you do have a 7 day cooling off period. You could send it back if you haven't exceeded it yet.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I took it out in December so am well out of the cooling off period. Thank you anyway.
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi RC

Are you within your 7 day period? If not, PM me with your telephone number and I'll contact you.
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Pablo, I have PM'd you.
Message 5 of 18

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Sorry I couldn't help further.

Your in the right hands with Pablo now:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
No problem, Many thanks for your help. Is really appreciated.
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please let us all know the outcome and update your thread to show as resolved.
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pablo has helped me out big time and has sorted my problem. If only all O2 staff were like him. A true gent. Thank you very much Pablo. My faith in O2 has been restored.
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad I could help, RC slight_smile
Message 10 of 18