cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New IP address

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I was wondering how I can change my IP address for my O2 iPhone or does it change all the time due to using mobile broadband on my phone .
Thanks
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It will change regularly depending on the type of signal you are logged on to and your location.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It will change regularly depending on the type of signal you are logged on to and your location.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it will change every time you connect. Most ISPs use a dynamic IP address rather than a static IP address. A dynamic IP renews itself every so many hours so it will be different.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay, thankyou slight_smile
So I don't need to call O2 and ask them to change it, I'm using a certain selling platform which uses software to detect same IP addresses , my daughter has been using my phone on this selling site but has been suspended from it and I didn't want my account being linked with hers when I sign in.
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
If you are at home using wifi you can change your wifi ip address in the router settings.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only internet access I have is my mobile data and I sometimes tether onto my iPad. Should I still change wifi IP address?
Many thanks for your responses:)
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah I've just realised you said router settings so I'm assuming this wouldn't apply to me , I'm not very technical.
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
No, if you are only connecting via mobile data, no need to worry about anything else.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad we could help
Message 9 of 9