Did you mean: 

New Amazon & Nano SIM

cliff-h
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Just purchased a amazon fire phone for £99. Kept my old number but swapped it to the new Nano SIM. Phone working ok, a few minor thing to get use to but on phone device screen it does cant find my number on sim card. My mate said it should, but does this matter or does this need to be showing my number so everything works ok.,,ie, like downloading apps etc etc. 

thank you in advance for any help/advice.

Cliff H.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

That's normal on O2 contract SIM's. Call your friend or from a residenial line tio find it out. It seems odd however that is a security feature should your SIM/handset should ever go missing. In fact, you'll get it from the My O2 account settings including your IMEI and PUK code if you should need it.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

That's normal on O2 contract SIM's. Call your friend or from a residenial line tio find it out. It seems odd however that is a security feature should your SIM/handset should ever go missing. In fact, you'll get it from the My O2 account settings including your IMEI and PUK code if you should need it.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to put your sim in a phone where you can rewrite the number onto the sim card. iphone or nokias and some anroid phones will allow you to do that. The O2 store may help if you don't have a friend with a suitable phone. It nwill then show on the Firephone. It won't make any difference to the actual usage of the phone.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also think that the number is no longer on the sim so that sim swaps can be done but I stand to be corrected.

Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's just simply that all sims are blank until activated and unlike other networks, O2 don't push the number to the sim card.
It can be written manually if it bothers you by inserting your sim into an iPhone, for example but it won't have any effect on any functions at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

cliff-h
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for yr help.

Message 6 of 8

cliff-h
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions