cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network outage to be compensated

Anonymous
Not applicable
This has caused serious financial and personal damage today, apology is not enough ..O2 will have to cover all losses incurred during the outage
Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It's already been on sky and bbc news.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Except no mention here on their own website ..brilliant
Message 12 of 47

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
There is.
Message 13 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Except no mention here on their own website ..brilliant

Have a look on the network status page. 

http://status.o2.co.uk/

Message 14 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

even the community coordinator toby has said there will be an update when it becomes available

Message 15 of 47

jonsie
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

People scare me when they can't make contingency plans for emergencies. Mind you everything seems to be a major crisis these days! 

Message 16 of 47

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

All should be sorted now

http://status.o2.co.uk/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

I PHONED 02 THIS MORNING TO ASK THE QUESTION WHY NO SERVICE ,AND ALL I WAS TOLD BLUNTLY WAS I SHOULD HAVE LOGGED ON TO TWITTER OR FACEBOOK TO FIND OUT LOL AS I IDNT HAVE NO SERVICE FROM THE GREAT PROVIDER ,LUCKY ME I HAVE VIRGIN INTERNET I WOULD NEVER HAD KNOWN ,SO IN THE END I HAD TO USE WHATSAPP TO TALK TO MY FRIENDS , MY ONLY THOUGHT WAS THIS LARGE COMPANY NEVER EVEN SENT A TEXT TO THE 02 CUSTOMERS FOR NO SERVICE ,SO I SAY THIS 02 WHEN MY CONTRACT IS UP I WILL LEAVE THANKS

Message 18 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whilst I appreciate that some people may have needed to make a call in a genuine emergency, how many of us can truly say that we suffered any real loss or inconvenience as a result of yesterday's outage?

How did we used to cope, before mobile phones became such an essential part of our lives?
Message 19 of 47

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous How on earth do you expect O2 to send a text to customers? This wasn't planned maintenance

It was totally unexpected and needed a great deal of work to correct. All networks suffer this sort of problem sadly

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 47