cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT A UK CALL CENTRE ANYMORE!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined O2 for the specific reason that you are a UK based call centre which you splashed all over your adverts and IVR's.  Now that has disappeared and South African advisors are answering calls.  They cant understand me and I can barely understand them.  It seems to me you are becoming one of the many sheep out there and are happy to outsource to save money without informing your customers!

Why have you done this and why havent you advised your customers of this?  You were very quick to jump on the bandwagon when other companies outsourced and shouted about how you were UK based, why arent you declaring your outsourcing move now?

Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Even e.t. needed to use the phone.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 61 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
But could he get a signal @anticpated?
Message 62 of 71

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93231 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

I never need to phone home...no one there slight_frown

CryCry

Message 64 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm paying now £18 for a tariff that I was told would cost me £5.00 because I have no data requirement.

I emailed a complaint to a manager at O2's South African call centre 4 working daya ago and because I had no response, emailed again but have still not had any response. What can I do now?

Message 65 of 71

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93231 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying to get through to 202 for 3 days now, trying for up to an hour 4 times daily. I have been cut off repeatedly after that. Cannot get through to life chat either- message says its down.I just wanted to cancel my contract. Anyway, now sent a recorded letter to cancel, I won.t hold my breath that they will deal with it appropriately!!

Message 67 of 71

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions
Message 68 of 71

Brendona
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't know if the person at the call centre had difficulty understanding me but I certainly had difficulty understanding the call centre employee. With a recent issue relating to loss of connectivity I eventually gave up and went into town to the O2 shop.

Many companies are closing there association with their Offshore call centres and bringing the facility back to the UK. Wish O2 would follow their example.

Message 69 of 71

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6592 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

@Brendona So much for closing offshore 

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/09/vodafone-shift-some-uk-customer-care-to-egypt-and-sout...

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 70 of 71