cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT A UK CALL CENTRE ANYMORE!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined O2 for the specific reason that you are a UK based call centre which you splashed all over your adverts and IVR's.  Now that has disappeared and South African advisors are answering calls.  They cant understand me and I can barely understand them.  It seems to me you are becoming one of the many sheep out there and are happy to outsource to save money without informing your customers!

Why have you done this and why havent you advised your customers of this?  You were very quick to jump on the bandwagon when other companies outsourced and shouted about how you were UK based, why arent you declaring your outsourcing move now?

Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I called today and just discovered this.

You called today and discovered nothing at all!

What is wrong with the O2 call centres in the UK?

One possibly bad experience and you're off eh?

O2 still come top of all the UK mobile companies in the support stakes so I can't see you finding better elsewhere.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 41 of 71

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm pretty sure Vodafone and Virgin Mobile are UK based.

Virgin have mixed call centres, the UK ones are brilliant, the centre based in the Philippines (I think) are also good. They have another Asian call centre, however, who are truly dreadful. If you got through to that one, you would be forgiven for immediately hanging up.

Vodafone have a big call centre just around the corner from where I live, but sadly our experience with them have been overwhelmingly negative. Sadly, being uk based doesn't necessarily mean the service is any good...

Message 42 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

Giff Gaff seem's to work perfectly fine without any call centres tongue

Message 43 of 71

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

They do indeed, I'm sure many of the calls to support are just not necessary.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 44 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
I personally find O2s call centres the best of the lot but I do miss the message that used to say we are putting you through to our uk call centre
Message 45 of 71

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

They're not all in the UK any more but you're more likely to get a UK office, they have a new one in South Africa that should be up and running now.

Message 46 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I've always had a uk sounding call centre so far so good
Message 47 of 71

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately it can be a lengthy process to resolve a dispute where their agents have not been sufficiently trained as we found out, eventually having to email management, as the agents would not initially escalate there.

Incidentally, when I called O2 recently it didn't sound like a UK call centre, though with the plethora of accents in UK now it's difficult to tell.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 48 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like o2s live chat there not trained very well either
Message 49 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
On the few occasions I've had to phone O2 I've usually got through to the UK call centre. On the one occasion I was put through to the South African call centre I didn't have a problem.

For the last few years I was with Vodafone I don't think I ever got through to anyone in the UK (other than if I posted on their forum and someone contacted me) apart from the day I phoned for my PAC.
Message 50 of 71