cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT A UK CALL CENTRE ANYMORE!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined O2 for the specific reason that you are a UK based call centre which you splashed all over your adverts and IVR's.  Now that has disappeared and South African advisors are answering calls.  They cant understand me and I can barely understand them.  It seems to me you are becoming one of the many sheep out there and are happy to outsource to save money without informing your customers!

Why have you done this and why havent you advised your customers of this?  You were very quick to jump on the bandwagon when other companies outsourced and shouted about how you were UK based, why arent you declaring your outsourcing move now?

Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

I work in a uk call centre and being a Yorkshire lad, shave a great rapour with customers.  I also have to speak to a lot of outsourced call centres as well and even though I know the people by first name and they are great people, it's still hard to strike a conversation with them. Its not their fault As cultures are so different.

I do however feel and hope O2 reverse their decision as O2 was always so proud to say we have a uk call centres. It's ok to save pennies every know and then. But not at the expense of service. It shows from feed back from other companies that they are bringing call centres back to uk as this is what people want.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 31 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 has also happily been outsourcing a lot of its back office and admin services to 3rd parties in othe countries for a while now. It's these kinds of arrangements which keep O2 alive!

Outsourcing some calls to South Africa is not the end of the world - but they did have to drop the "UK agent" claim from the IVR.
Message 32 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
Most people who work in the UK call center don't speak English as their first language anyway, so either way your up the creek. I tend to use the chat service gets the job done much quicker.
Message 33 of 71

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Most people who work in the UK call center don't speak English as their first language anyway, so either way your up the creek.

That just isn't true, where do you think O2 get their staff from?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 34 of 71

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Where I live is a large o2 call centre, so the staff are from Yorkshire lol

I knew I talked funny up ere, however I never knew I was a foreigner lol

Bonjour

Hola

Hey up

Namaste

4 ways to say Hello lol

Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 35 of 71

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
You're all foreign up Norf.... can't understand a bladdy word you lot say slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 71

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Hey up, I dont speak funny, its u lot down south that talks funny.

Nowt wrong with us northeners. !!

lol

Message 37 of 71

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
If English is now known as "funny" then yes we do tongue
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 38 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

I called today and just discovered this. The main reason I chose to stay with O2 even though it was £2 more a month was the excellent customer service. Today it was comparitively poor and I found communicating very labour intensive. Luckily I'm out of contract so I can switch.

Anyone know if any other networks have UK based call centres?

Message 39 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pretty sure Vodafone and Virgin Mobile are UK based.

Message 40 of 71