cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT A UK CALL CENTRE ANYMORE!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined O2 for the specific reason that you are a UK based call centre which you splashed all over your adverts and IVR's.  Now that has disappeared and South African advisors are answering calls.  They cant understand me and I can barely understand them.  It seems to me you are becoming one of the many sheep out there and are happy to outsource to save money without informing your customers!

Why have you done this and why havent you advised your customers of this?  You were very quick to jump on the bandwagon when other companies outsourced and shouted about how you were UK based, why arent you declaring your outsourcing move now?

Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
Wow that really is a saving 12,000 staff let go and swapping them out for 400:)

Did I say that?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 71

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
No I'm being difficult sorry:( forgive me?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 12 of 71

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Of course, I doubt if anyone could get cross with you! Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 71

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

woo:)

Haha you'd be suprised wink (or not :))

On the thread topic now.

I can understand the frustration of outsourcing CS internationally. However the queues that we are somtimes faced with are rather extreme. If that means O2 are trying to diminish the waiting time by employing cheaper labour I can live with that.

(Obviously would prefere more jobs for the uk but we have priced ourself out of the market with our minimum wage laws.)

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 14 of 71

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/One-more-good-thing-about-O2-seems-to-be-disappear...

I thought this had been on here earlier

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 15 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I've asked for the latest on this and have received the following:

"It's a small scale exercise where some customer calls will be taken by Capita in South Africa. Capita already take these calls for us in the UK. We use a number of outsourced partners to help us manage customer enquiries and it’s a natural step for us to look at other countries for this type of work. Capita will run the centre and help us understand the business benefits and the customer experience."

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Leonard

Message 16 of 71

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Capita really does everything don't they haha.

Cheers for the info:)

Lets hope they don't move it all after deeming it a success:(
Message 17 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
No problem slight_smile
Message 18 of 71

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
All mobile companies are doing this I find it amusing on online chat. All uk names they give but the grammar and standard text replies give it away
Message 20 of 71