NO SERVICE!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

In Bedale we are having terrible problems with service 

txts take days to arrive when i send them

i only recieve txts when i leave the area

calls either dont connect or drop out

internet never loads

surely i am been made to pay for a service that o2 is failing to provide?? 

i have taken advice from CIB trading standards and have contacted the ombudsmen who have all advised breech of contract but o2 refuses to help 

has anyone elese had these problems out of Bedale? as a Paramedic with children i need a phone I can rely on!!

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi EllieBelle!  You will hardly be surprised to hear that in the Bedale area the O2 Network is ".. experiencing high service demand in this area. A mast close to your location is experiencing a high level of demand for service. This can cause intermittent service for calls, texts and data. We’re working to improve it as quickly as we can. Sorry for any inconvenience."    But I guess you could have told them that!

Unfortunately there is little point in complaining as poor service seems now to be the norm for O2 and likely to remain so for some time.  

Gerry

Message 2 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gerry

i did a bit of digging and have been told that the mast in question has actually been taken down and at present there are no plans to replace (it was on a listed building and had to be removed and this has been confirmed by the council) so there will be no improvment in service. I have taken legal advice and have been told it is breech of contract due to been charghed for a service they arent providing which is legally defined as fraud ... i just want a phone that works!!! 😞

Message 3 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Gerry

i did a bit of digging and have been told that the mast in question has actually been taken down and at present there are no plans to replace (it was on a listed building and had to be removed and this has been confirmed by the council) so there will be no improvment in service. I have taken legal advice and have been told it is breech of contract due to been charghed for a service they arent providing which is legally defined as fraud ... i just want a phone that works!!! 😞

Truly sorry to hear that EllieBelle.  You should get in touch with O2 Customer Services as soon as practicable to find out how you stand as regards your contract etc.  

Gerry 

Message 4 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have and they basically say tough not interested ... i shall follow through the ombudsman 😞

Message 5 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Network future from O2 by 2017 is http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/network-coverage/the-next-big-thing although for someone experiencing your issues this is a long way off.

O2 and other networks do cover themselves in their T&C stating the service isn't fault free and not available everywhere. 😞

If your not committed into a long contract then you could look at moving to another Network by using a PAC code. Although I would suggest trying out payg sims from those networks to attain a true representation as to how they perform.

Alternatives in the interim are Tugo for Contract Customers.

And what's app and Viber although these need to be used by the recipient too.
Message 6 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont get internet so they dont work either sadly

the local store are now telling people there is no service in the area too so it must be at bad levels 

ee works fantastically in the area (everyone has moved to this)

i am only 6 months into the contract (although been a customer for 7 years, good customer service previously)

legal advice tells me that we can persue under breech of contract and will win but it seems an awful hassel

Message 7 of 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
As a mast has been removed the normal t&c`s don't apply. You are legally entitled to be released from your contract foc.
You may have to pursue this through complaints but some CS advisers will do this for you.
Keep trying until you get resolution.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
As a mast has been removed the normal t&c`s don't apply. You are legally entitled to be released from your contract foc.
You may have to pursue this through complaints but some CS advisers will do this for you.
Keep trying until you get resolution.

Hi @MI5 One would think that O2 should have written to all affected customers explaining their rights and offering whatever compensation is appropriate.  Does O2 not have any business sense? Have they no regard for customers whatever?

Gerry

Message 9 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous    Don't know if you have been following this thread, but it does highlight in a very acute way the total disregard that O2 appears to have for paying customers.  I do hope that the digital revolution you speak of will be able to embrace a modicum of respect and care for those who use and rely on O2 services.

Gerry

Message 10 of 42